new job

Bartacus

BartWatch
Just to let you all know -> I've quit my job at WNS and will work from the 16th of May as System engineer at UZA (Universitair Ziekenhuis Antwerpen -> hospital with a university located at Antwerp)). This job is a serious pomotion compared to the stuff I did for WNS (Field Technician) and best off all, it's only 1km away from my home.

Great to hear! Hope you enjoy it!

Congratulations--new jobs are always fun--especiallyif you get to make more money. :)

Well done!

Glad to see you're happy :).

Great news. Are you on holiday till then?

Congrats Bart! :)

Thank you and Corwin, I'm not on holiday till then. We have around 40 days vacation a year and I don't want to take it all in once.

Today I received some bad news, though not concerning my job. Some of you know I'm an athlete. Since some time I had trouble running. I went to get a scan and it appears to be that I have some water in my ankle and possible fractured ligaments. This means no running for at least 6 months and after this a possible operation.

40 work days? thats eight weeks good god! does that include holidays' as well?

hope your leg heals fast:)

:( Sorry to hear that Bart, I know how much you love competing in track. :raincloud:

Just take care of it now and don't try to push it. Hopefully it will heal up great and you can get back in full stride. :boogie: :fingerscrossed:

Thanks CM, but it willl take a lot off time.

@curious It depends but at the new job it's another 10 holidays(Christmas, 21/7, Easter, ...). On my old job at WNS I have 31 holidays, so it isn't only a better salary and jobcontent, but also more free time.

Good luck with your new job! :)

Hopefully, you will make enough money to buy yourself a cybernetic leg! :biggrin: j/k
I hope it won't be a serious operation, if there will be one. Water in your ankle? How did that happen?

Water in your ankle? How did that happen?

First off all good to hear from you again Krzychu. About the ankle:
To many times sprained(I believe this is the word I'm looking for) my ankle. It never fully healed. At this page you can see some more info

Sounds painful. I wouldn't know, I've never really had a sprained ankle. Still, I hope you get that healed as soon as possible and as fully as possible!
(Oh, I'm around, I just lost track of time. It feels like I've been away only for two weeks or something.)

Dude, grats on the new job and I wish you the best for that sprained ankle :) . I just ran a half-marathon today (finished in 1:42:49 which isn't too speedy but at least I'm faster than Chris Avellone who also does half-marathons and who happens to be my age :biggrin: ) so I can imagine how much it sucks when you want to run but can't, especially now that spring/summer are coming up. Better to let it heal up properly though than to risk anything. Hope you'll literally be back on your feet and running again real soon... good luck :) .

1.42.49 ain't bad Moriendor, but I suspect that you do the running on your own (not club related). I think when I'd run it when I'm ok, I'd do something like 1.30.00 - 1.35.00. I'm not really good at those long distances, but I can run 15km/h.

@Pladio When you have a cross made by the highway E19 and the street called "Drie Eikenstraat" you would find my home at the opposite from the UZA.

Back
Top Bottom