Last game(s) you bought

D

DArtagnan

I thought it might be fun to have a thread like this, perhaps even stickied?

Anyway:

Metal Gear Solid 5 - Phantom Pain
Stasis
Act of Aggression
Company of Heroes 2 - British Forces

Divinity:Original Sin 2. Looks like fun, but really expensive!

[Before that, TW3]

I took my PC a part a little over a month ago and haven't gotten around to putting it back together. So I've been a console gamer for a bit.

Bloodborne ( PS4) beat it last weekend good game if you like souls formula. Took 110 hours total with a couple restarts.

Madden 2016 (Xbox one)- for a series that just gets a makeover every year you'd expect it to be stable but no. Several times during play it kicks me to the settings screen for no reason, commentators repeat sentences back to back and I've even had it lock up and require a restart on a handful of occasions. All that and I've only played 5 games. The game when you can play it is pretty good. Standard madden fare with a few new features.

Styx (PS4)- very disappointing. Worst combat system I can remember playing. I understand that it's stealth but if you do get detected you need a passable combat system. This game doesn't have one IMO. What happens if you fight is there is no attack button. You have to wait for the enemy to attack then you can parry and reposte then wait for them to attack and repeat. There is no way to just attack them once they spot you. You can backstabbing them if your undetected. I suppose it's a hair better than just having to restart when detected but I can't play a whole game like that. To bad too as I like Styx and was a fan of of orcs and men.

I think it's time to get my PC back together.:)

I took my PC a part a little over a month ago and haven't gotten around to putting it back together. So I've been a console gamer for a bit.

Bloodborne ( PS4) beat it last weekend good game if you like souls formula. Took 110 hours total with a couple restarts.

Madden 2016 (Xbox one)- for a series that just gets a makeover every year you'd expect it to be stable but no. Several times during play it kicks me to the settings screen for no reason, commentators repeat sentences back to back and I've even had it lock up and require a restart on a handful of occasions. All that and I've only played 5 games. The game when you can play it is pretty good. Standard madden fare with a few new features.

Styx (PS4)- very disappointing. Worst combat system I can remember playing. I understand that it's stealth but if you do get detected you need a passable combat system. This game doesn't have one IMO. What happens if you fight is there is no attack button. You have to wait for the enemy to attack then you can parry and reposte then wait for them to attack and repeat. There is no way to just attack them once they spot you. You can backstabbing them if your undetected. I suppose it's a hair better than just having to restart when detected but I can't play a whole game like that. To bad too as I like Styx and was a fan of of orcs and men.

I think it's time to get my PC back together.:)

While I appreciate the info, this thread wasn't intended to replace the "Last game you played thread" ;)

Seems most of us buy a lot of games that we don't necessarily play right away, and it might be an interesting way to learn about games we might never have heard of - or whatever.

Mass Effect 3 (XBox 360)
Deus Ex 3 (XBox 360)
Fallout 3 GotY (XBox 360)
Duke Nukem 4ever (XBox 360)

Thief (PC)
Dishonored GotY (PC)

Kingdom Rush (Android)
Townsmen (Android)

Deus Ex: The Fall (PC) ... already own the iPad version, so I should know better.

If Kickstarter is valid, then D:OS 2.
If preorders are valid, then Might & Magic Heroes 7 (preorder).
Otherwise, Life is Strange (Complete Season).

Titan souls
RONIN
Not a Hero
Gods will be Watching
and a copy of Hatoful Boyfriend to give to someone else.
I only really wanted two of those, but due to how the deal worked on Humble, it was not more expensive to buy all of them at once.

And if DLC counts:
Crusader Kings 2: Horse Lords & Crusader Kings 2: Horse Lords Content Pack

Got today 3 games so important that forgot their names :lol:, cheap stuff worth a few cents from the weekly steam sale; last "real" games i bought were the nwn packs + temple of elemental evil, 2 weeks ago i think when they were on sale on gog.

Trine 3
Test Drive Unlimited 2 (which I still haven't completely installed as I can't get into my - required - Atari account)

In 2015 so far:

Dragon Age Inquisition in April - played >250 hours, £25,

The Witcher 3 (from GOG about 3 months ago - played 5 hours), £25,

Anna - Extended Edition (late June, 2 hours play), < £10

Avernum 2 demo - last few days.

I am waiting for TW3 to finish with patches etc before I play for any length of time. DA:I has been my main focus this Spring/ Summer.

A2 is not a purchase but it nearly was.

As you can see I am not really much of a buyer.

Back
Top Bottom