Last game(s) you bought

I just bought Tyranny ... have mostly avoided reading much at all about it, so looking forward to a pretty blind playthrough for a change :)

Just bought Resident Evil Revelations 2, its on a deep sale on steam, along with all the Resident Evil games. I just played it today for around half an hour, and I like it quite a bit. It seems polished, with nice graphics, voice acting, atmosphere. And the mouse and keyboard is not screwed up like in other resident evil games, instead - they work well, and are like you would see in any other modern third person shooter game.

I grabbed it too :). Revelations 2 was the only RE title I didn't already have. You really should play them in order though.

Yea, its a great sale steam has going on right now with this series...I looked at some of the other games, but I'm really picky (hell, eccentric may be a better word) when it comes to what games I buy...for example, I know RE 4 is considered one of the best ones, but I looked at some video of it, and decided that just because I can't stand the main character, (no way would I want to go through the game playing that dude) that was enough of a turn off for me so that I didn't want to pick it up.

Anyway, I really like Revelations 2 so far.

Yea, its a great sale steam has going on right now with this series…I looked at some of the other games, but I'm really picky (hell, eccentric may be a better word) when it comes to what games I buy…for example, I know RE 4 is considered one of the best ones, but I looked at some video of it, and decided that just because I can't stand the main character, (no way would I want to go through the game playing that dude) that was enough of a turn off for me so that I didn't want to pick it up.

Anyway, I really like Revelations 2 so far.

You're missing out on some great games, as well as a lot of backstory, but I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Revelations 2. I haven't tried it yet, but I was shocked to see that the first episode alone requires 18+ GB of install space. At least according to Steam.

I recently bought Ultima Underworld 1 and 2 when they were on sale on GOG. I have never played them before, so I am really looking forward to them :) I always enjoy a good dungeon crawler.

I was able to get a good deal on Hearts of Iron IV, so I snagged it … I enjoyed HoI III quite a bit, and although I hear this one is 'dumbed down' … it was worth a shot.

I hope. ;)

After I saw this guys' analysis/comparison to Dark Souls, I bought The Surge. I was always a bit interested in it, but the video convinced me. Looking forward to it. Apparently the combat is much better than in Lords of the Fallen. Not that I had a big problem with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c_JPDMgkhI

Bought a bunch of gog games for cheap
Starflight 1 and 2, Nox, The Saboteur, Strike Commander, Bioforge and the two Crysis games.

Paid full price for Expeditions: Vikings through I'm not sure when I will play.

Oh, Strike Commander ... the game that tought me that I just can't fly :D.
Well, I hit ground targets. At least those.

Oh, Strike Commander … the game that tought me that I just can't fly :D.
Well, I hit ground targets. At least those.

I loved that game and played it religiously for many hours back in the day (finished it, too). It's among my all-time favorites :) .
However, a replay a couple of years ago turned out to be impossible. The game is way too pixelated on a modern display/GPU combo. It was impossible for me to make out ground targets.
This classic is probably best played on a vintage system with a CRT screen or a small low res LCD (1280x1024 res max)

Just bought Star Trek: Bridge Crew, a Virtual Reality game I've been looking forward for a long time. Can only play it starting tomorrow but I'm excited!

I grabbed a deal on Prey + DLC for $28 on CDKeys ... my first purchase there, and it went perfectly.

I recently purchased The Bard's Tale (2004) which I had never played.

I also bought Vanquish, but I'm waiting for the devs to patch a few issues before I try it.

I'm strongly considering StarCrawlers…

Back
Top Bottom