Starcom: Nexus - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Space RPG Starcom: Nexus has been released:

Starcom: Nexus

You've finally made it out of the academy and have been given your first ship to command. Sure it's just a light shuttle, but you've got to start somewhere, right?
Suddenly "somewhere" is stranded in an unknown galaxy surrounded by hostile aliens and no way home.

Explore the beautiful and mysterious open-world of Starcom: Nexus. It's a universe where you'll battle or befriend strange alien races, discover ancient artifacts, research powerful technologies and build your ultimate starship.

Features:

• Fully open-world universe with numerous quests and storylines
  • Hundreds of unique planet anomalies, space discoveries, artifacts and more!
  • Fast-paced, exciting combat with numerous hostile factions
  • Over 150 technologies to research
  • Design your own ship using a modular construction system
  • Talk and trade with multiple alien factions, each with their own agendas and dynamic AI
  • Lots of hidden secrets and side quests
  • Quick save anywhere
  • Much, much more!
More information.

I don't know anything at all about this game, and the fast paced combat style usually isn't my favourite, so I'd also be interested in seeing what others might think of the game. I do like how they highlight the "save anywhere" feature, that alone might lure me in.

Just what I was looking for right now! Played it for a few hours and like it a lot. It might not be for everybody since exploration means mostly flying through empty space looking for interesting things to get resources and research points.

Ships are modular and can be built with hexes. Size and modules are depending on your research level. Combat is action-oriented but quite fun.

Think Star Control, but a bit less deep.

Anyone played? Is it shallow or does it have enough new events to keep it interesting ?

I am almost at the end. Well written story with surprisingly solid scientific backing. Highly recommended! Very nice graphics. You can build your own spaceship. Lots of things happening in space. There is a homage to amazing Freelancer with its creepy-fantastic space-cloud nebulae, there are excellently written space horror movie scenes fused into the game as the myriads of places you will visit have different feel to them. Toward the endgame the story and RICH CONTENT is very rewarding and you will feel awed and satisfied. Most games try to sell you repeated JUNK, shove down your throat their cheap stupid lame content again and again. NOT THIS GAME!! Starcom: Nexus has excellent, evolving content, which is continuously giving you never before seen amazingness. There is POWER introduced to you in this game. Even if you cheat and you think your ship is invincible, you will still be given a lesson in POWER of the races that came long long before you!!

Only the Top Left tiny info screen has microscopic fonts, but the same you can see in BIG when pressing the Q-shortcut: that brings up the game's "central log database", where you can browse past conversations, active & completed quests, see recent comments of your 1st officer, observations, things happening in space.

To enjoy the game in fullest in one run, no time for replays:
1. I MODDED the basic travel speed and the turbo speed
2. I went into the savegame and increased the crew count ridiculously high and all resources and set research points to 90000
This way I could build the biggest ship with lots of guns and shields. I get all research, which is lots of fun, since the tech buffs & different weapon tech is amazing. Of course the EndGame Ultimate Weapon is a MustHave™, because it looks beautiful and powerful. Experiencing all weapons in one run is also a great timesaver. Don't forget to pack in as many reactors so your shields regenerate fast and you should have on your ship the maximum amount of engines, of course. With maxed research its a joy to watch your shields regenerate and when its down watch taking hits on your armor.

Traveling quickly is key to not get bored with the vanilla design. Plus taking on entire flotillas and Capital Alien Ships + the massive enemy stations with only my one ship is very satisfying! Lots of chaotic destruction & lots of fun with this Maximized Fun Mode! I'm experiencing a very intense, entirely different game this way, without wasting weeks of my life with boring stuff that brings nothing but more stress and waste of life.

SPEED MOD:
Travel speed between the stars is pretty low and the vanilla Subspace Jump Drive tech feature is a ridiculous failure: If you find the super-boring SLOW journey in deep space annoying, just unzip the attachment and copy this file into this folder:
..\Starcom Nexus\StarcomNexus_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods\moddata.json

filename: moddata.json

Attachments

• moddata.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
MERCY LIKES A GAME!!!!
I feel like some sort of achievement has been unlocked.

Looks quite similar to Drox Operative, doesn't it?
Not that it's a good or bad thing.
Couldn't get warm with Drox.

Looks quite similar to Drox Operative, doesn't it?
Not that it's a good or bad thing.
Couldn't get warm with Drox.

Same for me. Couldn't get into Drox, but liking this one quite a bit as of now (even without the above suggested cheating).

I actually played Drox Operative a few times, I might have to give this one a more thorough look next time I have a space combat itch to scratch.

Yeah, this fits quite well for that itch! I really like that you get research points for scientific discoveries like finding xeno-artifacts on planets, scanning suns or catching deep space probes with your tractor beam. Each time you get a nice little tidbit of text that is rooted in hard scifi. Well done!

Back
Top Bottom