Baldur's Gate 2 - SoA and ToB Updated Walkthrough @ SP

Still my favorite :)

That's a really cool pic! You are lucky to have the entire original collection!!! Although, I am sure you will never part with it, it must be worth some money by now.

The Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale series are special games. The Infinity Engine with it's isometric view made me feel like I was playing D&D with miniatures with my firends sitting around the dining room table. The graphics are perfect for the type if game it is.

I also loved playing BG multiplayer. It was a little clumsy at times, but it worked! The next playthrough I do I'm going to try to find someone to team up with.

I'd love to see another D&D game with semi-turn base gameplay and isometric view. I'd love to see a modern version of a combination of BG & Temple of Elemental Evil. Atari has it all wrong going with 3D.

BG2 will always remain my favourite game of all time. I really need to give another crack at BG1 again... Just can't get into it...

Apologies if this has been posted before - stumbled across it last night and figured I would mention it in this thread. Its the Baldur's Gate BiG World Mod:

http://blog.fileplanet.com/2011/06/20/monday-mod-baldurs-gate-big-world-project/

Anyone who doesn´t know exactly what´s up or has no prior experience with mods should stay away from this and similar setups.
There´s a very good chance the games modded in this manner will end up as inconsistent, unbalanced and buggy clusterfucks.

have you tried playing BG with the tutu mod? tut allows you to play BG with BGII's UI & updated game engine, which along with the widescreen mod brings Baldurs Gate up to GBII standards in every way.
Hmm, might try that, but typically these things are best left with the original engine limitations in place.

BG will always be my favorite becasue of the more open world. I still remember the first time I played, I was in RPG heaven! It's sad that the golden age of CRPGs are over…
The second+ golden age you mean? BG itself revived a time when we thought the golden age had already passed ;)

Anyone who doesn´t know exactly what´s up or has no prior experience with mods should stay away from this and similar setups.
There´s a very good chance the games modded in this manner will end up as inconsistent, unbalanced and buggy clusterfucks.

While I've had my share of problems with mods, I think this is a bit of an overstatement. Most of the mods that are included in this are fairly mature at this point and any remaining bugs are pretty minor. As for unbalanced, yes you will likely max out your characters well before the end, but some of the mods make the big enemies tougher as well. So while not perfectly balanced, still enjoyable.

Hi All,

Have probably played the Baldurs series to death but still return to it often. Have not played TOSC as disk damaged but of the remaining 3 SoA is my favourite due to sheer size.

Would dearly love another installment either returning as a half god for a new lead or to be able to return to candlekeep for further adventures but obviously as an accomplished warrior etc. I think the series would make a good film if it was done right.

Is there a on line community like WoW but for BG fans that can play interact???

Hi All,

Have probably played the Baldurs series to death but still return to it often. Have not played TOSC as disk damaged but of the remaining 3 SoA is my favourite due to sheer size.

Would dearly love another installment either returning as a half god for a new lead or to be able to return to candlekeep for further adventures but obviously as an accomplished warrior etc. I think the series would make a good film if it was done right.

I usually go here they host mods on a majority of infinity engine and other games.
http://www.sorcerers.net/

Most people on the Watch are Baldur's Gate fans. Feel free to post any BG-related topic in the General RPG Forum, and I'm sure a lot of people will start discussing.

Back
Top Bottom