StarCrawlers - Early Access Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Juggernaut Games announced today that StarCrawlers will be launching later today on Steam Early Access. So here is the new trailer and information from the developer.

STARCRAWLERS NOW ON STEAM EARLY ACCESS

Watch the New Trailer and play StarCrawlers for the first time on Steam!

San Diego, California, March 17, 2014 – indie studio Juggernaut Games announces the arrival today of the Beta build of its original title, StarCrawlers, now available on http://store.steampowered.com/app/318970/. StarCrawlers is a modern take on a classic cRPG dungeon crawler set in a gritty spacepunk universe. Build a crew of renegade adventurers on the fringes of space, taking jobs from megacorps to hunt bounties, sabotage rivals and conduct corporate espionage.

“We’ve been working intensely to bring our vision for StarCrawlers to life.” said George Cochrane, creative director, Juggernaut Games. “We’re excited to share what we’ve accomplished so far and to continue working with the Beta community to take it to the next level!”

StarCrawlers is an RPG adventure in a classic dungeon-crawling style. In a dystopian, spacepunk world, players will navigate the tricky politics of a universe overrun with powerful megacorps, all the while trying to survive and earn a living on the jagged edges of the fringe worlds. The game also features an incredible, atmospheric soundtrack created by award-winning composer Ben Prunty (FTL, Gravity Ghost).

Key Features:

• Wage strategic battles against futuristic enemies with an innovative time unit turn-based combat system.
  • Procedurally-generated dungeons and events create endless replayability.
  • Choose your allies and your foes wisely. Your choices will change how the story unfolds.
  • Eight player classes each with unique abilities, both in combat and when exploring.
  • Randomly generated weapons, armor and gear with upgradeable enhancements.
  • Easy to Hardcore difficulty modes and optional permadeath.
StarCrawlers is available now in its Beta stage of development on Steam’s Early Access program, with an introductory launch discount (this week only!) of 25%. The full game is due out later this year on Windows PC, Mac and Linux.
More information.

I really want to wait until this hits release.
But... does anyone have impressions yet?

I really want to wait until this hits release.
But… does anyone have impressions yet?
The game is currently quite enjoyable, and it's shaping up to be a very worthwhile title.
As a Kickstarter backer, it's one of those rare occasions where a game is surpassing the expectations I had when I backed it.

But, in all honesty, unless you want to play the game to provide feedback to the developers, I would suggest you wait for the final release.
There's a few things that need a bit of polish, gameplay-wise, and the game is obviously very much incomplete in terms of story and content, so it would probably be best to wait for the final release.

That's what I'll do. I played a few hours, just to sample the game, and I'll wait for the final release. With so many recent worthwhile titles, it's easy to find something to tide us over until the final release. :)

This one looks really good...will check it out.

Considered backing this on kickstarter but never did. Glad to hear it is turning out well. I'll buy it on proper release then.

It's on my list, but I'm waiting for final releases these days.

Back
Top Bottom