Morrowind Pure mage with Galsiah's Character Development

bloodlover

Sentinel
Has anyone tried to play Morrowind with a pure mage while using Galsiah's Character Development? It's supposed to give you some mana regen and make mages more powerful and not need any fighting skills. Is this true?

Also I won't want to artificially raise my skills up.

Do robes count for unarmored skill? Or should I still pick some light armors (with light armor skill ofc) since you can enchant those?

Yes, I have played several pure mages with GCD and it works pretty well. Just make sure you pick all magic skills for major/minor or else you'll lose magicka. The Apprentice sign combined with Breton is my choice for most efficient since the bonus/penalty cancels out. Atronach gives a serious magicka bonus but you lose the regeneration.

Robes are unarmored and you can enchant them along with other clothes but they do not give as much protection as real armor. On the other hand, as a mage you should not be getting hit much if you're doing it right. :)

Ignore the leveling message; GCD doesn't use it. Levels in GCD are only to keep the leveled lists straight and they're based on attribute progression not skill progression. (6 attributes per level) The reported level is good for reference but the the level progress bar is meaningless.

TY ^_^. But I still get the warning when I level up right?

edit: How fast is mana supposed to regenerate? I have 61 willpower and imo it's regenerating very slow. Is there some option or extra plugin that I missed and should add? I just have GCD, GCD better balanced birthsigns. GCD restore potions fix and GCD StartScript for Trib or Bloodmoon. There's also a setting file and a patch file but I have not touched them.

Last edited:
You don't get a level up notice, it happens automatically.

The regen is a little slow since it's meant to refill when traveling not necessarily in the middle of a fight. It's important to keep a couple of restore magicka potions for major fights.

I never used the birthsign plugin because I don't think it's "better" as the name implies. Decide for yourself.

If you really want more regen (and/or magicka) it's easy to edit the Gals customize script in the CS. It's very well commented.

Back
Top Bottom