Legends of Eisenwald - New Pax East Preview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Entertainment Buddha published a new preview of Legends of Eisenwald based on a short demo they played at Pax East 2015 last week. Here is their impression of the game.

Legends of Eisenwald aims to be the next big strategy game and is well on its way to becoming a genre classic. Those longing for a challenge should look no further. The game is currently aiming for release sometime this year on PC.
More information.

Quite a shallow preview, but the lack of mentioned flaws makes me somewhat optimistic. ;)

The game is currently aiming for release sometime this year on PC.
Don't we have some more accurat ETA?
Last I heard was "early next year" (so this year) in Aterdux' posting.

Aterdux' last post to me said they have stopped saying when the game would be released as it just causes disappointment with fans.

I think they are releasing anytime this year as they can't keep going without more money after this year. The game however is playable and has most scenarios implemented as far as I understand, so it's a case of polishing as much as possible.

Aterdux got burnt last time by bugs and mistranslations and I think they hope releasing a bug-free game is worth the extra effort.

At least, that's my understanding of it.

I'm fine with a relase date "somewhen this year". In my personal notes I just set it to Dezember 31st.

It's more a matter of several months actually. We need to wrap up the closed beta in English. And good point about the money, we can't go on forever as sales are not that great at the moment. So, stay tuned for release date announcement - we need to coordinate it with our PR guys...

It's more a matter of several months actually. We need to wrap up the closed beta in English. And good point about the money, we can't go on forever as sales are not that great at the moment. So, stay tuned for release date announcement - we need to coordinate it with our PR guys…

In my opinion it's better to postpone the release date until the game is almost bug free and it's well polished - you will get more positive reviews out there and that will give the game better sales result. I know that your Kickstarter supporters may be getting impatient, but I think that they will agree with me that it's better to wait for something great than get something half-finished much sooner.

In my opinion it's better to postpone the release date until the game is almost bug free and it's well polished - you will get more positive reviews out there and that will give the game better sales result. I know that your Kickstarter supporters may be getting impatient, but I think that they will agree with me that it's better to wait for something great than get something half-finished much sooner.

Yeah I kickstarted them and there is plenty to play right now. So polish it up as much as possible, most do not mind waiting a few more months.

As we said, money is an issue too, so we will polish as much as we can (and that's pretty much what we have been doing already for a few months) but we can't go on for too long. No worries, we don't intend to release a bugged product. It's working now pretty good and there are not too many things left that need a fix...

As we said, money is an issue too, so we will polish as much as we can (and that's pretty much what we have been doing already for a few months) but we can't go on for too long. No worries, we don't intend to release a bugged product. It's working now pretty good and there are not too many things left that need a fix…

In my opinion, critical bugs need to be gone (e.g. crashes, ships traversing land).

If the game works and is fun, I don't mind there being a few bugs.

Critical bugs are pretty much gone. We are fixing one quest in Chapter 5 where many players got stuck because it's a bit too hard and also, English description was a bit inaccurate. So, text polishing is a of priority #1, followed by localization to other languages, followed by a few missing things we need to add like a combat log, plus a few SFX. I am mostly worried about localization - it's easy to translate texts initially but subsequent changes are a bit tedious to do.

Back
Top Bottom