UFO: Extraterrestrials - New Release Date

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It's a quiet day so we may as well take the off-topic news that UFO: Extraterrestrials has a new release date (again...):
Brace for impact! The latest incarnation of the UFO series is crashing through the atmosphere this March

Upton, MA, February 21st, 2007
– Tri Synergy, Inc. (www.trisynergy.com) has sent word that a new release date has been set for the latest addition to the popular UFO series, UFO: Extraterrestrials. The highly anticipated sequel to an already addictive and innovative series will now be available to gamers on March 16th, 2007.

UFO: Extraterrestrials is set in 2025 on the newly colonized planet Esperanza, where mankind’s foray into outer space has a meeting with alien life. However, these extraterrestrials aren’t just interested in contact; they’re out for blood and riches. In defense of their fledgling outer space outpost, the player is summoned by the Esperanza government to face this threat from deep space. The player will have at their disposal squads of soldiers, light and heavy support combat vehicles, robots and air units located in bases throughout the Esperanza.In addition, UFO: Extraterrestrials combines global strategy with small, squad-based tactical combat against an alien invasion. To repel the alien invasion the player must take full advantage of the terrain and his surrounding environments.

Get more information on UFO: Extraterrestrials from the official Tri Synergy webpage.
More information.

I have to admit to being completely confused by the whole UFO thing - there is Afterfall, Afterlight, Extraterrestrials ... and a whole bunch of 'spiritual successors ...

This is the first UFO I have seen since Terror From the Deep that feels like a *real* UFO game to me. I am definitely picking this up, and I'll be sure to post my impressions when I do.

I'll be all over this one, too. It's been delayed numerous times, but now it's a couple weeks instead of a couple months. Should make a good birthday present for me!

Edith notes that the official website still shows a 27FEB07 release.

Last edited:
Different games

I've been following this game for a while and wanted to point out a few things. First off, UFO: Extraterrestrials is actually made by a developer called Chaos Concepts. They are not the same guys who did afterlite. Also the release date for Extraterrestrials according to the website at : http://www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com/ says 16 April. Don't mention UFO Afterlite on the forums there, they don't like the analogy. :)

They must have updated the site since yesterday. Certainly, UFO:ET shows more promise than the UFO:After... titles ever did.

Strange. The official site now shows the release as 16APR07. I'm getting confused.

I'm just playing Ufo:Afterlight and I don't think it's that bad really. It's much better than the rest of the "After...you name it" games and the graphics are kinda nice too. What's a bit stupid really is that Afterlight is always described as turn-based which it isn't - not in the sense that you and your opponent actually take turns. It's realtime with a pause function, but still quite nice, since you can autopause the game on all possible occasions if you want, so it almost feels like turn-based.
The gfx are definetly superior to Ufo:Extraterrestriels which look - even for my low standards - extremly outdated.

Back
Top Bottom