Fluent's RPGWatch Videos

Would you be willing to livestream that some evening? I'm loving the idea of making a cup of tea and joining you for one of your mid-evening livestreams, and Icewind Dale would be a lovely game for it, since it's got a calming sort of ambiance (at least when you're not in combat…)

Would love to livestream it - that is my idea. I want to livestream Let's Play a series of Icewind Dale: EE. I have it working on my tablet and streaming and everything, I just have not been making videos nor livestreaming lately (as I'm sure you know). But, when I come back to it, I will definitely livestream it!

You can't play a more calming, stress-free game than X-com…

I find that hard to believe. :) Turn-based RPGs/strategy games, despite the slower pace, are just as tense for me. Experiencing that first-hand with my current Divinity Original Sin playthrough. :)

Hey everyone!

I'm back with a new video, this time taking a somewhat detailed look at a handheld RPG called Fighting Fantasy - Warlock of Firetop Mountain.

Check it out and I hope you enjoy! :)

Hey everyone!

Back today with another video, this time taking a look at a casual (but fun!) RPG on Android called Dungeon Hero.

Check it out, and I hope you enjoy! :)

Hey everyone. :)

In this new video, I check out Avernum: Escape From The Pit on Android! Is Avernum the deepest RPG on Android? Watch and find out! :)

Hey everyone! :)

Back again with another video, this time taking a look at the RPG, Tales of Illyria: Destinies for Android!

Is it another gem? Watch and find out! :)

Hey everyone! :)

I'm back with a new video, this time taking a look at the Wizardry-style dungeon-crawler for the Nintendo DS, The Dark Spire!

Check it out and let me know what you think! :)

Hey people!

In this new video I take a look at the interative/choose your own adventure style novel, Life of a Wizard, on Android!

Check it out and see if you have what it takes to live the life of a wizard! :)

Hello out there, internet!

Yesterday's video was Episode 2 of my Dark Spire LP. Check it out and I hope you enjoy!

P.S. From now on I will be uploading one video per day for awhile, so make sure to check back every day for a new one! I will be posting this video as well as today's video shortly.

A quick look at The Raventhal for Android (also available on PC!)

Thanks for covering the Iceblink modules in your video, Fluent! Much appreciated. The Raventhal was a lot of fun to put together, and as you say there are other modules already available for PC/Android and several more in development (including a sci-fi one - I'm very curious to see what the module builder comes up with there!). If anyone wants to get involved in developing a module (or helping development of an existing one), head over to the friendly Iceblink forum and say hi (iceblinkengine.com) or drop me a PM.

Many thanks for covering The Raventhal and the Iceblink Engine, Fluent. It was a joy to watch the video, really appreciated you took the time and I hope the IceBlink community will soon have a few more new modules to show for further review :)...

It was my pleasure! :)

I can't wait to check out more of them, as I was impressed with The Raventhal and I love the idea of the Iceblink Engine. The more old-school style RPGs I can get my hands on, the better. :)

Heck, I may even take the plunge and work on my own module, we'll see. :)

Last edited:
Episode 3 of Let's Play The Dark Spire is live! This episode has us making some quest progress, finding some unique encounters and generally having an interesting and fun time inside the dungeon. :)

Decided to do a bonus video today, so here it is!

In this video, I take a more detailed look at The Dark Spire, the current game I am LPing on my YouTube channel.

The Dark Spire is a challenging, brutal, retro-yet-modern Wizardry-inspired dungeon-crawler for the Nintendo DS system. It features party-based, turn-based combat, plenty of tricks and traps in the dungeons, plenty of NPCs and unique encounters to have, multi-classing and much more! Check out the video to get an idea of what to expect from this Nintendo DS gem. :)

Hey everyone!

Today's video is a longer video and a bit different than my usual stuff.

In this new series (called "Let's Discover!"), I discover various RPGs that you may not have heard about. I play them "blindly", meaning I have no knowledge of the game before time other than perhaps mere basics.

Together, we explore the game for about an hour or so and see what we think! If the game grabs me, more episodes will be made, but it will not turn into a "true" Let's Play (unless requested by you guys!).

So, here is the first episode, where we discover a game called Rhapsody - A Musical Adventure for the PS1! Have fun! :)

Helloooo. :)

In today's episode, we continue our Dark Spire LP with episode 4 in the series. In this episode we try our hand at a unique gambling quest on the second floor of the dungeon. Will we successfully win back the lost family heirloom? Watch and see! :)

Thanks Fluent! I just had your Dark Spire pt4 video running in the background as I made dinner. Can't say the game grabbed me much, but it was fun watching you play it! I haven't watched the previous installments in your series so apologies if you've been over this already, but what made you pick it for a LP?

Thanks Fluent! I just had your Dark Spire pt4 video running in the background as I made dinner. Can't say the game grabbed me much, but it was fun watching you play it! I haven't watched the previous installments in your series so apologies if you've been over this already, but what made you pick it for a LP?

Hey Pongo! Thanks for the question.

I played the game, blindly, mind you, for roughly 8-9 hours a few weeks back. I really enjoyed it and wanted to see more. Then, I looked it up on howlongtobeat.com, and saw that some people had spent over 100 hours with it, which really solidified my interest in it. And, probably most importantly, if you look on YouTube, I believe there is only one other Dark Spire LP on the entire site! So from there, I simply went ahead and started LPing it.

It's actually created by ex-Wizardry employees, from what I gather. Supposedly, it was created as their "dream game". It really is a fun dungeon-crawler and I'm a huge fan of dungeon-crawling in general. Keep in mind, I spent over 80 hours with Elminage Gothic, a lot of that on camera, so LPing another huge dungeon-crawler seemed like a good idea. :)

Speaking of all that, here is Episode 5!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH43W-FJ1M8

And a Let's Discover video, too!

The Dark Spire has some really interesting mechanics that I think you should check out. If you'd like, watch my 18 minute introduction to the game that I posted in this thread. That video shows of some of the mechanics and talks about them. It really has everything you'd want in a Wizardry-style 'crawler and then some.

Back
Top Bottom