HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Great Gaias - Announced for June 22

After 7 years of development The Great Gaias will be released on June 22:

The Great Gaias

Having evolved from the Dungeons and Dragons table and refined for over a decade, The Great Gaias is a story-driven RPG that tells a compelling tale adapted from an original campaign setting and reimagined as the beloved classic genre.

Story:

A mysterious contract from the royal family sparks the interest of an organized band of sellswords. What seems like a normal job quickly spirals into a whirlwind of betrayal and tragedy, thrusting a young rogue and his unlikely companions into the middle of an ancient prophecy.

Rumors of long forgotten creatures, lost magic and a cult devoted to a dark god signify the coming of a new age. With petty feuds and corrupted politicians dividing the unity of the great nations, a blind eye is turned to the true evil about to descend upon the land.

Features:
  • 60+ Hour Main Storyline
  • 17 Playable Characters
  • 200 abilities to learn
  • Hundreds of unique enemies
  • In Depth Crafting System
  • Build Your Own City
  • A Multitude of Hidden Bosses
  • Challenging Dungeons
  • Multiple Endings

More information.

Last edited:
Evolved from Dungeons and Dragons? It looks a lot more like an older Final Fantasy game than anything related to D&D.

I suppose that might just be due to the engine they used. I'm assuming that's some iteration of RPG Maker?

Evolved from Dungeons and Dragons? It looks a lot more like an older Final Fantasy game than anything related to D&D.

I suppose that might just be due to the engine they used. I'm assuming that's some iteration of RPG Maker?

Yeah it is RPGMaker. Back in 2013 / 2014, they ran a Kickstarter for it twice, but both times it failed to reach the funding goal. Aside from having JRPG combat, the game definitely has Final Fantasy & similar JRPGs (e.g., Chrono Trigger) as the main influences.

However, the case can certainly be made that Final Fantasy (the older ones at least) was influenced by D&D; so I guess it's not totally inconceivable that this game "evolved from D&D".

I think I played the demo they had during the KS, and I vaguely recall disliking something about it but can't remember what.

Back
Top Bottom