Underworld Ascendant - E3 Judges Day & Fire Arrows

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update for Underworld Ascendant.

May 21 Weekly Update - E3 Judge's Day and Fire Arrows!

23 May - Darqflame

Walter and Joe are finally back from the Pre-E3 Judge's Day presentation we had last Wednesday, and things are looking positive! We were honored and excited to see several judges actually return to play the game after hours and some even challenged each other to improve. ("I finished the level in 20 minutes!" "Okay, but I played for forty minutes, unlocked way more Memora than you and already started investing in these skills. So I can fly now." "WHAT?!?!?! I want to try that...")

E3 Judge's Day
Community Created Artwork for Underworld Ascendant
By: Darqflame
E3 Judge's Day

On the dev side, Chris M is back from his vacation in Hawaii, and we're back to working on optimization and tightening up the levels you'll see for the Backer Alpha build. One of our awesome contract animators has also been improving our puppetmaster system for the AI, which has been leading to some really interesting environment interactions. (People tripping over crates you chuck at them in the dark is ALWAYS funny.) I believe we're also working on upgrading to Unity 2018 because there's a bug we've been struggling with for awhile that can apparently be remedied by upgrading, so while we have a breather, that's the first thing on Will's to-do list today.

Lots of big stuff in the works that we an't share about yet either, but once those are further along, you'll be the first to see it! ;)

Also, we finally got to share that .mp4 of using a fire arrow to set another object on fire!

Using a fire arrow to set another object on fire! (SFX are WIP)
Community Created Artwork for Underworld Ascendant
By: Darqflame
Using a fire arrow to set another object on fire! (SFX are WIP)

Next up, flarechess is going on vacation next week and won't be back until June 4, so there may not be a very fulfilling weekly update on the 28th. :( HOPEFULLY, you'll all be able to forgive us, since we're planning to post some content this week AND the week she's out to tie you all over... also, look forward to June! We'll have another big announcement coming then :D
More information.

E3 Judges?

Is this some sort of Judge's Guild?

Will they finally print the rest of the levels of Inferno??
;)

Back
Top Bottom