How do I link youtube videos in posts?

Nikorasu

Wind Traveler
Hello everyone, I saw a lot of posts here with Youtube videos embed, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Can someone help me?

Sorry for being a noob!

What eye said you just have to use the 11 digit number from the YouTube link.

Are these still working? Looks like broken…

this does not seem to work (just says "loading…."

Also is it possible to embed gifv and twitter etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
You had a space in front of the youtube code. Should be working fine now; it does for me.

Will have to evaluate GIFV and Twitter embed possibilities.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would be perfectly happy with the Watch remaining a Twitter-free zone. Just my opinion though...

You had a space in front of the youtube code. Should be working fine now; it does for me.

Will have to evaluate GIFV and Twitter embed possibilities.

Ah thanks it works now!

I don't know about anyone else, but I would be perfectly happy with the Watch remaining a Twitter-free zone. Just my opinion though…

The problem with that is that, lot of good and juicy stuff are taking place on twitter and it will be nice to embed them so that you don't have click on the twitter link then accidentally exposed to other garbage on there!

Added embedding support for GIFV.

Example: [ GIFV ]http://i.imgur.com/KUovl4k.gifv[ /GIFV ] (without the spaces).

Browser support depends on the availability of the HTML5 video tag and webm support (gifv files are actually animated gifs that were converted to webm videos, but just have a different file extension).

The ".gifv" will be replaced by ".webm" automatically once it's posted, but for the preview to work correctly the preview button must be pressed twice. Or you can manually input the correct .webm extension.

If it gets out of hand with too large files I'll have to think about adding lazy load support with a static placeholder, like for youtube videos.

The problem with that is that, lot of good and juicy stuff are taking place on twitter and it will be nice to embed them so that you don't have click on the twitter link then accidentally exposed to other garbage on there!

Fair enough, I can see the logic in that.

I guess my concern is I wouldn't want to see this place become a Codexian nightmare of thread after thread of nothing but embedded tweets, gifs and memes.

I wholeheartedly support Nephologist's opinion. Twitter has zero relevance to RPGs and if you're desperate to post some meaningless crack from a dev then you can just copy paste the text into a quote.

Fair enough, I can see the logic in that.

I guess my concern is I wouldn't want to see this place become a Codexian nightmare of thread after thread of nothing but embedded tweets, gifs and memes.

I have no strong opinions here, but I can agree with this. There are good stuff on twitter, (probably) also on Facebook. But I prefer quotes in stead of links. Youtube links have their place in threads like "Currently listening" and the "Daily smile", but not as the sole argument in a discussion, to name one example. Obviously there are other examples, both of good things and bad ones.

pibbur who may have sinned in this respect.

PS: For something not completely different: I don't like video reviews of games. And I prefer to read howtos in text in stead of watching (often amateurishly edited) videos ("Then we press this button - oh , sorry, not this one but this. Shouldn't I get a popup-windows now? Oh, here it is."….). DS.

PPS. As I've said before, at the age of 62, I demand the right to be grumpy. DS.

Last edited:
Added embedding support for GIFV.

Example: [ GIFV ]http://i.imgur.com/KUovl4k.gifv[ /GIFV ] (without the spaces).

Browser support depends on the availability of the HTML5 video tag and webm support (gifv files are actually animated gifs that were converted to webm videos, but just have a different file extension).

The ".gifv" will be replaced by ".webm" automatically once it's posted, but for the preview to work correctly the preview button must be pressed twice. Or you can manually input the correct .webm extension.

If it gets out of hand with too large files I'll have to think about adding lazy load support with a static placeholder, like for youtube videos.

Can you look at my post in the following thread pls? The gifv link is not working and I am not sure why..

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061442698#post1061442698

This is what I posted but it does not work....

[ gifv ]http://i.imgur.com/FhbiaEr.gifv[/ gifv ]

so click edit and this is how it looks

[ gifv ]//i.imgur.com/FhbiaEr.webm[ /gifv ]

thanks!

Can you look at my post in the following thread pls? The gifv link is not working and I am not sure why..
Turns out that GIFVs can also be mp4 files.. I changed the webm stuff to mp4 and that seems to work for both versions.

Turns out that GIFVs can also be mp4 files…

GIFV is nonsense the nonsense site imgur uses in their, now long, typical methods. There's no such thing as a gifv image/video format it's just plain HTML text, their whole gifv spiel is for things like making it harder to save the bog standard AVC MPEG-4 videos from their site.

Back
Top Bottom