Arcania - Pushed into 2010

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Robert Purchese reports that Arcania has been delayed.
JoWooD has pushed the release of ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale to 2010 on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
This, claims the publisher, has afforded extra time and "substantial" extra budget, which will ensure the new Gothic game is "one of the best releases of 2010".
That could also mean, however, that ArcaniA was well below par and JoWooD was forced to inject funds to see the project through.
More information.

We say here in Germany: "Ein Schelm, wer Böses dabei denkt".

This is very difficult to translate ... Maybe you get it:

"A fool who thinks something bad of this." ( Very, very rough translation ... )

LEO say the translation is

"Honi soit qui mal y pense."

English is a strange language. ;)

The last bits we've seen and heard from Risen look much more "finished" than what we've seen and heard from Arcania. The last Arcania preview version didn't even have the NPC AI intergrated. It didn't even have most NPCs integrated :)

That could also mean, however, that ArcaniA was well below par and JoWooD was forced to inject funds to see the project through.

Interesting how Risen appears to be looking so good and Arcania appears to be floundering. I've always felt that Jowood was the bigger problem in the Jowood/Pyhrana (sp) Bytes relationship.

Interesting how Risen appears to be looking so good and Arcania appears to be floundering. I've always felt that Jowood was the bigger problem in the Jowood/Pyhrana (sp) Bytes relationship.

Probably you are right. But there is a chance that it is the other way around: People might tend to have these impressions of the games because they have that impression about the companies.

Admittedly a small chance. :-/

I don't think that the game not being finished is the entire reason for the push to 2010. With how many rpgs (including Risen) that are coming out this fall they have a lot of competition so it would be best to move it away from that competition.

I don't think that the game not being finished is the entire reason for the push to 2010. With how many rpgs (including Risen) that are coming out this fall they have a lot of competition so it would be best to move it away from that competition.
I agree, inparticular because many of the Gothic fans seem to have the irrational feeling that they have to decide for either Risen or Arcania instead of hoping for two good games.

I personally don't give a Fat Rat's Butt who makes the games as long as they're well done and fun. I'm all for a twofer.

It seems as if some folks actually want to see Arcania fail. I'm looking forward to Risen as well, but why on earth would anyone not want Arcania to succeed? Makes no sense.

I don't think they actively want Arcania to fail, it's just we haven't heard very much about it at all. The little we have heard about it or seen doesn't give hope to a 09 release or if they did it would be Gothic 3 all over again.

and some furniture, too (I don't want another Dungeon Lords) --

Amen. That game had to be one of the All-Time suck jobs in RPG history.

Back
Top Bottom