Might & Magic X - The Defender and Portrait Expressions

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Limbic Entertainment has a few more updates for us to enjoy today so lets get on with the newsbit.

Up first a new post asks us,"Did you want more portrait expressions?".

DwarfPortrait1.jpg

Since the production announcement of MMX, we’ve been reading through all the different forums talking about MMX. And one of the things, which jumped to our eyes very quickly, was your wish to have portrait expressions.
Next they introduce us to the next class you can play called the,"The Defender".

Book-Defender.jpg

Dwarves are sturdy, and the Defender is the best example for that. He can take lots of damage with his heavy armor and huge shield before he falls. The axe is his favorite weapon and he is a capable melee fighter, still his real strength lies in the protection of others.
More information.

So far all the portraits for the different conditions have been rather weak. They don't really stand out at a glance. One thing I always liked about M&M from the 3rd game on was that the faces they made when afflicted were just so off-the-wall ridiculous.

A small quibble, of course. That won't keep me from buying the game.

I have liked and heard almost everything I have heard about this game. The art direction is fantastic and they are really embracing the core M and M gameplay. I really think this could be a good title if they are allowed a long enough beta period. If this game is successfull it could really change the AAA studio landscape dramatically.

The new portraits are certainly not as over the top or memorable as the M&Ms of yore from what I've seen, but still, it's great to see this particular aspect of the series getting some attention.

Also, mega kudos to Drithius for the Wizardry 8 video. It's the juxtaposition of the megalomania and the bizarre movement of the player which makes it work.
Now I'll be randomly cackling to myself for the next week each time I remember it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom