The "I Just Bought" thread

Regarding this picture : We had an English language teacher who did quite the same thing ! ;)
A whole board full of sentences , arrows, brackets and what not !

I bought a nice, portable mini-stereo that can hold a charge for quite some time, to enjoy out on the porch. Hopefully the neighbors don't mind too much!!~ It should be here just in time for the upcoming weekend.

Just grabbed a new 11" iPad Pro (2021 edition with M1 chip) along with the 'Magic keyboard' (that includes backlit keys and trackpad) and Apple Pencil. Not sure about the Pencil yet - have to work on actually using it :D - but love the keyboard and the M1 iPad is just insanely powerful. Divinity Original Sin 2 is crazy good (looks and performance) on this thing!

After having my life threatened two weeks ago, I had to find another way to get groceries, since I'm unable to drive. So, long story short, I just found a way to have groceries delivered to my home. =)

Why not grow your own onions, carrots, tomatos, too ?

I allowed my brother to park his boat at my home, for the past twenty months. The deal was, he'd help me with some chores around my home, and I'd not charge him rent. In those twenty months, he did exactly two chores at my home, taking in total time less than an hour to accomplish. Last month, I informed him that I'd be charging rent instead, using those collected funds to finance an odd-man hire to get some needed work done at my home. When I had him and my mum over for Mother's day supper, he blew up (keep in mind this was about three weeks after the new agreement was in place, with no mentioning of him being against it), and threatened my life not once, but twice. Shortly after that, he also threatened me via texts, and also an ex-wife of mine, the mother of my child.

I went on record and called the police. I declined charges, yet filed a report and backed it up with five witness statements from neighbors. Now, according to the rest of my family, I'm the villain because I involved the police. Again, as of now I've not pressed charges nor invoked a restraining order, although both are certainly still on the table. To the rest of my family living in the area, I now seem to be persona non grata. Three days ago, the boat was finally removed from my property. And that's where we stand today.

Wow, that's a pretty crazy reaction from his part. I can understand that circumstances may put pressure on someone and make him prone to aggressive reactions, but to threaten relatives... that's something else.

Those problems always seem more difficult when family is involved, don't they? Let's hope it settles down and that everybody finally forgets about it. If he removed his boat, and I assume, stopped the threats, maybe at least it shows that it won't escalate? I hope so for you anyway.

Sorry to hear that - I don't like the sound of that at all.

FWIW, I'd say that's seriously abusive, and I think it's essential to make clear the boundaries and consequences for that sort of behaviour. To say that it should be kept in the family - that's just colluding with the abuse. Death threats are serious business, and he should be glad you were rational enough to merely call the police.

Another picture disc:
20210605-101629.jpg

Did you know how hard it is to find classical-music picture discs? Neither did I. Did you know you can order custom vinyl picture discs that aren't copyrighted? Neither did I until I made ol' Beethoven above, though I stole the free-to-use image from the Web. I found this old picture disc for Strauss:
20210605-102833.jpg

I wasn't looking for Strauss, but I had figured out how hard they were to find at that point, and I kind of liked the cartoon orchestra on the B side, though I'm just noticing now the creepy trombonist appears to have groped the buxom oboist next to him. You'd get yourself Me-Too'ed for that these days, creepy cartoonish trombonist:
20210605-102932.jpg

I thought it'd be easier to find a Mozart, considering his popularity, but it still wasn't easy:
20210605-103245.jpg

I'm guessing it's some gift-shop item from one of Mozart's former residences, or something like that. Maybe one of our many German-speaking members can correct me on that. Lots of words legible on the B side, if you zoom in:
20210605-103315.jpg

Turns out you can put a digital image on damn near anything these days, which I'm sure many of us already knew, but I was still surprised to find you can even order a custom slipmat for your turntable:
20210605-103051.jpg

Oh, and caveat emptor: The custom Beethoven is only one-sided with 17 minutes of music, I think it was, unfortunately. I'm guessing that has something to do with the cost or practicalities of cutting and pressing the vinyl. I'm guessing it was the same kind of cutting reason for why I had to order two slipmats, so I also got this one for the days I'm not feeling so zen:
20210605-122015.jpg

...the goal and the reality.

Salzburg is a beautiful town,
but totally overrun by tourists in the european summer months !

I had been there for a day in 2017, and ist was sol fuill … Full of Asian Tourists as well … Like the Königssee ["King's Lake"], too …

Bought a new PC! It should ship in early August with a 3080 and an AMD 5600.

I double checked and it did say August of 2021. Hope that's true.

When I first read this I thought you wrote it would ship in August 3080!! :D Might too!!!! :)

A small Lemmings figurine from Game Stop. I played Lemmings so long ago ... this was a so much different age of gaming than now.

Recently I bought Vortex Optics Viper HS- Riflescope at hunting topic and It has a long-lasting body.

I'm going to need a new chair soon. I similarly spend most of my day in one. These are nice, huh? Comfortable? How much weight are they rated to support?

I'm going to need a new chair soon. I similarly spend most of my day in one. These are nice, huh? Comfortable? How much weight are they rated to support?

Mine hasn’t reached me yet. But I hear they’re great. I read they’re tested at a max around 150kg. More than enough for me.

I've had one for nearly twenty years, and it's still going.

Back
Top Bottom