Gloomhaven - The Wise & The Resourceful Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted a new Gloomhaven update:

Gather around adventurers, as The Wise & The Resourceful update is now available

Plans have been laid out to raise an undead army, will you be able to thwart them before they realize their malfeasance?

Three days. It has been three days since you entered this godsforsaken dungeon.
The Brute has shattered his sword and now fights with his bare fists while your armor has more holes than leather at this point...
Oh, you were prepared! You brought food, water...you even had a PLAN!
Well it wasn't enough. The bones are rattling again behind the door, searching for you and you are stuck with this useless glyph.
Even the Spellweaver could not decipher it as it kept phasing in and out.
Your employer paid you well, that's true, but why does she keep sending you to these deadly places looking for useless rocks?
If only you had listened and used the gold to recruit the newcomers...

PREPARE YOURSELF FOR A NEW ADVENTURE

The latest release for Gloomhaven has arrived.
With this new chapter, you will be able to recruit two new mercenaries to your guild, complete 7 new missions and face a new boss!

Careful, this trailer contains spoilers for Circles and Three Spears mercenaries:

[...]
More information.

I'm currently playing the boardgame with three other friends and, playing every other weekend for about 7 months, I'd guess we're about 40% through. The campaign is massive, and sadly, the amount of time required for setup, tear down, consulting rules, etc. is probably 30% of that time.

I picked up early access on Steam just to check it out and it is really well done. They did a great job with the presentation and the tutorial. And while the full out of box campaign isn't done yet, the game does include its own campaign to get you up to speed, unlock new content, and really get the thrill of what makes the boardgame so great, without all of the cumbersome maintenance. On the other hand, you do miss out on the tactile feeling one gets from shuffling and playing with cards, putting the maps together, admiring all of the art and miniatures, not to mention that satisfaction of breaking open a sealed envelope or box to unlock a new character, quest, or some other development.

I'd say if you have an interest in this, and have a few other friends to play it with, pick it up in EA and get familiar with it now so that you're all primed and ready for later in the year when they release the full, boardgame campaign. It's gonna be great!

Back
Top Bottom