The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Sorry to hear about your father Alrik. I have not checked the Watch in a few days. Prayers for you and your family.

True, but Sharn Syndicate (last on the agenda before we dig into the Feywild) is Coin Lord favor, which you wanted badly. Most likely, we'd be thru Sharn in an hour and headed out to Feywild, too, which you shouldn't miss. I think, at least this week, we'll stick with the alts. If you're not ready to play next week, perhaps we'll think it over.

I understand.

Thanks, Cm.

Since Corwin's only got a couple hours this week, I'd like to see if we can get everyone on board to knock out Sharn Syndicate on the mains. That would probably take about 90 minutes since all of us, even Alrik, have those quests pretty well mastered. After that, Corwin could go do his thing and Alrik could bail before things got overwhelming for the first night back. Peter could punt as well if his sleep schedule needed it. After that, whoever was left would probably jump to epics and muck around for a while.

How's that sound? Alrik, if it's too soon, just say so. This just seemed like a good way to ease you back in gently and Corwin's gotta bail either way.

Sound good to me. Should give me more time to get ready to 'join' the happy couple!! :)

Sounds like a plan, then. As long as JM doesn't sleep thru her alarm, we're golden.

Happened to me once, too ! :lol:

Besides, the new Event is kinda fun ... You need keys that drop from special Champions to enter the sliding race, but the race iself is kinda fun. I felt entertained, but to me it was just far too short ! ;)

Hey Alrik, have we ever taken you thru all 4 parts of the Necro series?

PLEASE, NO!!!! Don't do that to the poor man; it would be cruel and inhumane!!!!!!

PLEASE, NO!!!! Don't do that to the poor man; it would be cruel and inhumane!!!!!!
So you'd prefer Prove Your Worth, Slavers, Restless Isles, and maybe Threnal?

Necro1 is fairly boring but also fairly quick.
Necro2 is actually excellent XP if you can endure the Swim of Doom.
Necro3, well, OK, that's inhumane, but there's a huge hole in level 11 content.
Necro4 isn't too bad if you've got an Inferno tour guide and includes a S/E/R run in the Orchard.

I think … well, I don't quite remember. The last ones, I think, yes.
The first two parts I did alone sometimes …
I didn't do the Orchard with you at least, and not the Raid, although I'm not to 100 % sure on that.
What I remember is a a looong trap finding session with Alrih, lots or Umbrag Worgs, and one dungeon with going through tunnels and not knowing where to come out again, and one quest with underwater breathing items required.

Besides, I made an iconic Cleric the other day.
I decided to try oit out and get her to level 15, and her name is Amauna, named after the feline race of the Amaunir in Myranor, a sister setting to TDE.

The Umbral Worgs (and other Umbral critters) are from Necro 2. It's boring, but very high XP for the level. I think most of us old timers don't like it because for a time it was a requirement to hit Necro 2 quests and hammer them for their high XP.

Necro 3 has the Tomb of the Tormented, which is the most aptly named quest in the history of gaming. The rest is meh, but not nearly that bad. Not much in DDO is as bad as Tormented.

Necro 4 (Orchard) actually isn't all that bad, up to the L15 pre-raid. The main issue is to get access to the preraid requires getting all 8 sigil pieces, which never happens in 10 runs or less. I have characters that have a few dozen runs in each quest who have never seen a completed sigil. The good news is that the sigil is permanent these days at least, and most of us should have most pieces already. So we may be able to finish one out within 10-20 runs of all 4 quests. Sure we'll be level 18-19 or so by then, but who cares?

I've never ran the Orchard raid, so I'll let others comment there. There is a nice quiver which can be upgraded with 30% striding that is usable at Level 1. Makes Korthos a lot smoother on later lives. It probably won't drop because we want it.

Update today. Fairly small, looks like it's just fixing Festival stuff.

I have both a shadow crypt opener and a bloody crypt opener if we just want to skip into the high xp parts and not do the painful flagging. :)

no power. run alts thru red rens

We did so. Afterwards a quick run through Korromar.
Despite this, my level 10 Sorc STILL hasn't got enough xp to get into level 11 ... This is my very first toon which is NOT ahead of you folks in xp ! :lol:

And here's why we got so many Remnants :

DDO Bonus Days!
DDO Bonus Days bring you a Champion Hunter weekend, now through January 24th! Find special items with the Mysterious Remnants vendor in the Hall of Heroes!

And this new code should give Corwin at least 3 additional Event keys :

DDO Store Sales: January 21st - 28th
Hack and Stash!
Get 20% off:
Slayer Boosts
Treasure Hunter Elixirs
Select Shared Storage
Now through January 28th!

Weekly Coupon
Frozen Key x3
Coupon Code SLIDETHREE
Now through January 28th!

Thanks for the update on the keys Alrik; I might drop in later and grab those!! :)

Back
Top Bottom