Drakensang: TRoT - On Steam Greenlight

Nice offer, but be careful with Steam gifts. :) Apparently many games are region locked if you gift them.

I got my copy to review the expansion pack Phileasson's Secret by way of GB's head editor buying both the main game and the expansion and gifting them to me (a Steam-bought expansion wouldn't work with my hard-copy of the game, sadly). Seemed to work fine. No guarantees nothing changed, but back then (a year ago) it worked fine for these titles, me in the Netherlands.

TRoT was such a minor gem. Such a shame they botched its international release so bad.

It's really weird isn't it? I mean publisher usually fail at many things, but not at collecting your money...

It's the same with high profile Skyrim DLCs (and all other newer games from bethesda) here in my region: blocked on steam, impulse etc., you have to hunt the internet for shop willing to sell them.

It's really weird isn't it? I mean publisher usually fail at many things, but not at collecting your money…

It's a pretty good localization too. Decent voice acting, not a lot of translation errors that I noticed, overall good job. Really odd to then just not bother to market it at all and not even release it in many markets.

Loved TRoT. The devs pretty much took all of the criticism of the first game in to account, in my opinion.

Did anyone try the expansion pack? From what I've read, there's too much dungeon crawling and the consensus seems to be that it's worse than TRoT.

Loved TRoT. The devs pretty much took all of the criticism of the first game in to account, in my opinion.
Yeah, I can hardly think of a sequel that improves upon its predecessor in such appropriate and conscious manner.
The limited availability of this game is still rather pissing me off, more people need to play it! :)

Did anyone try the expansion pack? From what I've read, there's too much dungeon crawling and the consensus seems to be that it's worse than TRoT.

Just a 5 hour long dungeon, it seems. So nothing special. Other devs use long dungeons as major Kickstarter selling points though. ;)

It is. Mostly just a long dungeon, though maybe you can enjoy the novel setting it takes place in. I reviewed it for GB, and it basically comes down to: enjoyable if you plan a second playthrough (or a first) and want to play it as part of the game, not worthwhile to go back and play just for this DLC.

Anymore news on this? The links in the original post are dead.

I've been looking to purchase, but I'd like a digital version…
GamersGate doesn't carry it, and I can't find it on Steam. :/

EDIT: GamersGate does carry the expansion, for some bizarre reason, but not the base game. Weirdness.

Last edited:
Wow, that's a good deal.

But hm. Amazon. How does that work? Like GG?
I have no experience buying digital games from them...

Though I'd prefer to stick to the platforms (GOG, GG and Steam) I already have games on, rather than adding Amazon to the list.

Hate to rain on your parade, wiretripped, but seeing as you live in Belgium, I don't think you can get it from US Amazon. This is what reads under product details there: "Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address." *sad panda*

Hadn't noticed that. Well, that's kind of ridiculous. :(

I guess that leaves me little choice but to go the alternate route.

Last edited:
One of best stat system I seen,good game in other ares too,to bad it didn't sell I would like to see Drakensang 2(kickstarter anyone?).

Back
Top Bottom