What games are you playing now?

Yeah, I got that. It seems to be doing a really good job.
Can I drag an asteroid?!... I didn't know that... I might not be easier but I now definitely want to do it!

IIRC, the RPG mode is about dialogue selections. As in, if you play in RPG mode - you get to select how you respond to NPCs.

Not sure if there are more differences.

ME3 is 80-90% about shooting enemies in very, very similar setups.

Well, at least based on the ~20 hours I managed to play it. That was on my second try. First try - I gave up within 10-15 hours - but I was lured into trying it again by some heartfelt praise. It's a subjective thing, obviously.

I know there are big fans of the game on this site - so maybe they're the ones to ask if you want to be encouraged to stick with it.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that with the story mode i will avoid, somehow, the fights.

Anyway, i played some more and i can say i'm enjoying it if you skip the battles, where i suck big time (the joypad is a nightmare).

Yeah, I got that. It seems to be doing a really good job.
Can I drag an asteroid?!… I didn't know that… I might not be easier but I now definitely want to do it!

Yep, only in sector though, not to a different sector. You need a ship that can equip a tractor beam, then attach a mine on an asteroid, and then tractor beam the mine, then move the ship. TLs can do it (but its slow and cumbersome and a definite challenge). M6 corvettes are much easier for moving mines.

Currently playing Infamous and Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I'm waiting for Dead Island: Riptide, GTA V and some MMOs like Ghosts N Goblins Online, Bless and Blade and Soul. :biggrin:

Apart from my Morrowind wanderings, I've been in another gaming funk lately and unable to stick with anything. I've just started FO3 again, so it's back to postapocalyptia for me. Thankfully I saved the mod I made that killed the weird damage settings in Point Lookout.

Good to see somebody else playing X3:TC! Go feed that HUB! ;)

I've been trying to play Anochronox but it's been off and on. The initial setting was really neat with people walking around on ceilings and walls and the combat has been pretty interesting. However, the combat has also been pretty rare and now I'm getting dropped into big, white areas with few fights. Most of the quests haven't really been all that fun. Go talk to this person, who says to go talk to that person…zzzz. Of course, the graphics are turn-of-the-century so you sometimes feel like you're talking with a pile of rocks that has a face painted on the top rock.

The game is fairly funny. A lot of the humor falls flat but there's been enough snickers to make it worth the eye-rolls. (The Meatels got me doing both at the same time.)

Back to playing Dungeon Siege 2 with a couple of mods and can't believe how much I like it, considering I wasn't a fan of Dungeon Siege 1 or Dungeon Siege 3, which is how I got this one basically thrown in from a Steam deal.
I recommend it to anyone who enjoys action/rpg's with a party.

Playing The First Templar. Fun little action-adventure, very RPG-lite (buying skills with XP, simple side quests etc) with a few button-combos for the combat. Obviously made on a limited budget - graphics, voice acting are not top grade, but they aren't bad either. Worth a buy at a low price I'd say.

Anyone else playing Bioshock Infinite. I am and it's pretty cool. But I'm having some performance issues, mostly on the insides, which is weird. But nvidia supposedly released a new driver that should improve things.

I preordered but due to issue on provider's side my connection is working
miserably slow and it will be that way whole next week so I can't download it:(.I should have preordered boxed version I really want to play it.

Anyone else playing Bioshock Infinite. I am and it's pretty cool. But I'm having some performance issues, mostly on the insides, which is weird. But nvidia supposedly released a new driver that should improve things.

I started playing last night as soon as it unlocked, but I was too tired to play for very long. I installed the new Nvidia driver before I started, and I've (surprisingly) been able to run it on "ultra" settings and get decent framerates on a GTX 470.

I'm too lazy to start a separate thread. :D

I started playing last night as soon as it unlocked, but I was too tired to play for very long. I installed the new Nvidia driver before I started, and I've (surprisingly) been able to run it on "ultra" settings and get decent framerates on a GTX 470.

Yeah, it works on ultra in my case too. And it improved a lot since applying the latest nvidia driver.

Anyway, the game is a blast. Graphically and art direction-wise it's one of the most beautiful games I've seen. The sky-line is amazing. Shooting and gameplay feel very solid. But the one regret I do have is starting the game on 1999 mode (i've unlocked it with a cheat code, as I was afraid the game might be too easy on normal or hard mode). But, surprise-surprise, it's actually really tough. And when you die and resurrect you loose money (and when you don't have anymore money you have to reload). So much so that I'm broke, and you need money to improve your abilities (vigors). But I also kind of enjoy the difficulty. When I manage to pull a long fight off it's very rewarding.

I have hopes that it's a long enough game. I'm 4 hours in and I've not met Elizabeth yet. But I've really been taking my time, especially the first areas before all hell breaks loose.

I also got a quick start but not too deep into it yet, playing simultaneously on my gaming laptop and also a little HP that barely exceeds the 'minimum requirements' as a test ...

My gaming ennui continues, and I've abandoned FO3 for New Vegas in favor of a more consistent world. I've also been more casually dabbling in Railroad Tycoon 3. Sweet Cthulhu, I miss when there were multiple genres of games. :p

I'm still playing Bioshock Infinite, and really enjoying it. Although I'm not sure if I agree with all the "OMG, it's one of the best games ever!" type reviews I keep seeing for it.

There are two things that bug me about this game. First, why did they feel the need to discard any type of manual save system and go with auto-save only? I'm completely confounded as to why more and more developers are doing that with games like this lately. Do they actually think the majority of gamers prefer it?

Second, there isn't enough of a penalty for dying in this game. Simply resurrecting a minute or two back from where I died feels cheap to me. I wish they had included an option similar to disabling the Vita-chambers in Bioshock 1&2.

I have to say though, the way the story unfolds in this game is pretty amazing. It's definitely one of the more interesting plots I've experienced in quite some time.

I'm still playing Bioshock Infinite, and really enjoying it. Although I'm not sure if I agree with all the "OMG, it's one of the best games ever!" type reviews I keep seeing for it.

There are two things that bug me about this game. First, why did they feel the need to discard any type of manual save system and go with auto-save only? I'm completely confounded as to why more and more developers are doing that with games like this lately. Do they actually think the majority of gamers prefer it?

Second, there isn't enough of a penalty for dying in this game. Simply resurrecting a minute or two back from where I died feels cheap to me. I wish they had included an option similar to disabling the Vita-chambers in Bioshock 1&2.

I have to say though, the way the story unfolds in this game is pretty amazing. It's definitely one of the more interesting plots I've experienced in quite some time.

What he said ... :)

I read something about 'breaking new ground in the shooter genre' ... and I can't help but think huh?

What he said … :)

I read something about 'breaking new ground in the shooter genre' … and I can't help but think huh?

I don't know what the quote means, but in terms of how the genre is being used for story delivery - Bioshock Infinite is definitely a step up.

As for the shooter elements, no, I don't think it breaks much new ground. Well, except that I think the Sky Lines is a novel concept - and the Elizabeth companion is something I haven't seen done that way (or that well) in a shooter.

So, I think the game ups the ante in very significant ways.

I know how some games that are extremely hyped can create unrealistic expectations.

I did the smart thing and stayed completely away from reviews and didn't know much of anything about it before playing.

So, I didn't get that anti-hype effect going for myself, thankfully.

Games made with this level of passion come along so very rarely - and I think people are doing themselves a great disservice by reading too much about them before they experience it for themselves.

I'm not saying the game is objectively great - but I think anyone with a sense of people and conditions of the industry can see how much passion went into creating it. That's rare enough in a commercially driven AAA industry.

That said, with every game that receives enough praise and is sufficiently high-profile - there will be a powerful backlash - and that's to be expected.

Well, that knocks it down a few notches on my to-buy list. I find it hard to pay good money for a game that actively punishes me for needing to stop playing whenever I need to.

Back
Top Bottom