GOG - FLAC Game Soundtracks

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GOG.com announces on their new game blog they are now selling better quality soundtracks. Here are the details.

Over 30 FLAC lossless gaming soundtracks now on GOG.com!

Good news audiophile gamers! In GOG.com we take pride in providing you with lots and lots of downloadable goodies bundled with our versions of the games we sell, with no additional costs. Whenever its possible we try to make the GOG.com edition of each title a digital equivalent of an exclusive boxed collector’s edition. The number of MP3 gaming soundtracks we offer with our games is something we’re quite proud of. But—as any music aficionado will attest—lossy MP3-ecoded files are not the perfect medium for amazing scores. That’s why today, we’re taking it one step further. Over 30 FLAC-encoded lossless soundtrack have been just added to our games, and you can grab them alongside their respective games (in most cases for the price of the game bundle with the OST included will be $5.99 or $9.99).
More information.

Great news. FLAC offers full CD quality. Converting it to other codecs like mp3 or ogg is trivial.

The wording was ambiguous so I checked my library and, indeed, the titles I cared about (NWN2, Wizardry 8, and Might and Magic ) all had their soundtracks updated free of charge. Wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom