Fallout 3 - Dev Silence

Now, can we all be friends again!! :) One question, why don't you like the idea of an online Fallout? MP could be fun in that environment for those who enjoy shooters, especially!!

Now, can we all be friends again!! :) One question, why don't you like the idea of an online Fallout? MP could be fun in that environment for those who enjoy shooters, especially!!

Is this addressed to me?

In any case, I think the shortest answer would be: it's kind of silly, Fallout's setting and storytelling mechanics don't lend themselves for it;

- Fallout's setting means lots of desert, and sparsely populated towns. That means no MMO.
- Fallout's storytelling mechanics always focused on the theme of lone ranger. Remember, with the whole "vault dweller gets kicked out of vault"-ending? That was the whole theme. In the end, you had to do everything by yourself, companions nonwithstanding. That means no multiplayer.

Now, if there's a Fallout sequel in which the lonely wandered storytelling mechanic was less important, than no multiplayer would also be less important. That's kind of where Van Buren was headed, and I wasn't upset about there being multiplayer in that. Though some were.

As for MMO. That's just silly...the setting just doesn't lend itself for it. If you want to make an MMO, why try to bend the setting to the type of game? Isn't it better to make a fresh setting for the type of game you're making?

Hey, I don't play MMO's, but I thought a sparse post-nuclear USA would lend itself to one. Guess it's just my interpretation of what might make a good game setting!!

A question to Brother None or anyone from the NMA crowd. How are you intending to shape the dabate now? Are you still interested in how FO3 shapes up in the quests, dialogue, nonlinearity departments (which maybe can still be influenced to an extent) or is FO3 in the gutter from your perspective with the info released, and you are not interested in these discussions anymore? I see a lot of "OMG, its Oblivion w. Gunz!", " will never buy it now!" At the same time a good number of NMA people still seems to be active at the Bethesda boards, here, and elsewhere.

If they're not active here and elsewhere, what is their other choice? To sit down and shut up? They're not going to do that! No, they'll haunt the Fallout 3 forums and all other forums where fallout is discussed. Otherwise, their existence is meaningless. I give kudos to VDweller of the codex because he's actually doing something constructive about his hatred of the way today's games are being made. I'll probably like Vince's game, even though I enjoy Bethesda's games as well. To me, there's plenty of room for both types of crpg. Even if his game never sees the light of day, at least he tried.

Back
Top Bottom