Ray Gigant - Review @ High-Def Digest

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
High-Def Digest reviewed the dungeon crawler Ray Gigant and was not very impressed:

Ray Gigant

From Experience, one of Japan's most renowned Dungeon Crawler developers, comes 'Ray Gigant', an entirely unique take on the genre. When the world is left in ruins after the appearance of the mysterious Gigants, all hope seems lost until a boy somehow manages to kill one on his own. With three different campaigns and an innovative battle system, 'Ray Gigant' promises to be one of the most original Dungeon Crawlers around.

The Game Itself: Our Reviewer's Take

'Ray Gigant' is a terrific case study in why innovation alone isn't the key to success. It is, for all the complaints I have to level at it, unlike pretty much every other dungeon crawler I've played. Coming from Experience, a developer who showed a strong understanding of what makes the genre work with their previous games 'Demon Gaze', and 'Stranger of Sword City', I was geared up to really love this game. Somehow, though, it gets pretty much every one of the genre's fundamentals wrong.

[...]

Score: 2/5
More information.

Back
Top Bottom