MMO RPG without extra bright colors?

Pona

Traveler
Hello!

Actually I'm not a fan a something like WoW or Aion, because of non realistic cartoon look. So I'm looking for a fantasy-style MMO RPG without extra bright vibrant colors, no vanilla look please. Black Desert is not an option since combat in BDO is full of overexposured visual effects and sound.

Would be glad to hear any options! Thank you! :blush:

I don't think such one exists. If you'll accept sci fi, then Star Trek Online would do the trick - note though it's lootboxes ridden gambling product, not an actual skill matters game.

I always found both Everquest games to be easy on these eyes, the colours and schemes seemed quite reasonable to me. You could also tone them up or down pretty much the way you desired. As far as fantasy settings go, I found these games to be the complete opposite of warcraft online, in the fact that the Everquest games are actually worth playing. I stopped playing a few years ago, but I had some wonderful times romping around with mates back in the day.

I didn't like Fallen Earth, did you?

If you're happy to play an old game Dark Age of Camelot is still around.

So is Lineage 2.

Secret World Legends might have been alright if it wasn't for the daily dungeon limit.

Googled about Lineage... That gothic look is fine for me. But I can't figure out what Lineage version should I play.

Googled about Lineage… That gothic look is fine for me. But I can't figure out what Lineage version should I play.

For me Lineage got progressively brighter with updates, that's why I switched to Classic when it came out.

I'd say DDO, but the graphics are a bit dated there. SWTOR also has some darker areas, especially the Empire side.
It isn't "cartoony" per se, but tends a little bit into that direction, although it's not that visible.

Is Rift too candy-colored for you? It has the classic high-fantasy look while being less cartoonish in design than WoW or FFXIV.

image2.jpg

I really enjoyed FFXIV, though -- if I was to make space for an MMO in my life right now, that would be the one.

Is Rift too candy-colored for you? It has the classic high-fantasy look while being less cartoonish in design than WoW or FFXIV.

I used to played a little Rift, but quit for some reasons...

For me Lineage got progressively brighter with updates, that's why I switched to Classic when it came out.

Will google about Lineage Classic, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom