Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I posted a silly jpg, it turned out frickin' massive - much bigger than I'd realised. Is there some kind of resize tag when posting an image, or is it necessary to resize the image before posting?

If posting a link the image will be shown as is.
When uploading you can resize the image before uploading and posting. Meaning: editing your post with a different sized image, possibly again and again, to your satisfaction.
I am sure there is a max size set for an image, but I can not find it right now.

Edit.
You’ll see the max sizes when writing a new post: choose ‘Go advanced’, -> Additional Options: Manage Attachments’.

Last edited:
Thanks. I thought that might be the case, as I couldn't find anything about resizing linked images on vBulletin.

I never upload images, just quickly search and link to the silliness I require. Guess I'll just do a manual resize and post to imgur, when the image is bigger than I want.

I am getting double mail notifications of single new posts of threads that I am subscribed to.

I have made no changes, so that is strange.

I visited the forums...

Looks like some non-ASCII characters are broken in newspost titles, believe I've seen it a few times, but here's the latest example:

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43787

After "Her" was supposed to be a closing quote. Shows up fine on the front news page, but not inside the forum thread that gets created for it.

It happens whenever some of the multi-byte characters are used in the news posting. In this case the closing apostrophe was a different character than the opening one. It probably has something to do with the way the news postings are generated on the forums, which is a hack. Have to look into that sometime, for now I’ve fixed the news posting.

Thanks for reminding me :)

Can we depreciate the 'The' in game titles so we can get some proper alphabetisation going on when searching for titles. As it is the T section for games is pretty chocka block.

Should be doable.
Is there a preference for displaying the result, when shown in a list?
1)

Banner Saga 3
The Bards Tale
Barony

2)

Banner Saga 3
Bards Tale, The
Barony

For editors: Independent of the choice, It is still required to add the game as "The Bard's Tale" and not as "Bard's Tale, The". The choice is just about displaying it when displaying a list of games in the editor pages, but also in the Database>Games result

I'm for 1 if The Bard's Tale shows in the B's, and ordered if "The" wasn't there. , The seems too academic and formal.

Would this be, or should it be, the same for indefinite articles?

In almost any reference system, I'd drop "The's", to avoid a massive unhelpful cluster in the T's. I'd tend to leave the indefinite articles as they are.

Should be doable.
Is there a preference for displaying the result, when shown in a list?
1)

Banner Saga 3
The Bards Tale
Barony

2)

Banner Saga 3
Bards Tale, The
Barony

For editors: Independent of the choice, It is still required to add the game as "The Bard's Tale" and not as "Bard's Tale, The". The choice is just about displaying it when displaying a list of games in the editor pages, but also in the Database>Games result

I think either would be good.

Was just wondering if you could add the option to embed posts from Twitter?

Edit: On other forums it's as simple as embedding a video.

Last edited:
Sometimes, when I want to edit a post, the forum software doesn't let me and says "forbidden".

Is there a token timeout or something ?

Have to confirm it, the same thing happened to me twice. Forgot when and where but it was during past 10 days, but was an irrelevant edit so I cba to report, sorry.

Maybe you are locked out because someone is quoting the post you are trying to edit?

I have no idea, the only thing I can think of at the moment is that the cookie is timed out and that it doesn’t refresh the cookie on an edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom