Quantcast
BioWare - New IP not before April 2018 - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » BioWare - New IP not before April 2018

Default BioWare - New IP not before April 2018

May 12th, 2017, 22:15
Clearly.

Stingray

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

May 12th, 2017, 23:55
Originally Posted by Dasale View Post
Your choice and nothing wrong to roleplay a clown, that's clearly an honorable job.

For the choose your own adventure, it's so big, that it's just showing you roleplay very well.

EDIT: Frankly how argue with such stuff, I can't believe it.
You can argue until you're blue on the face but ME games aren't RPGs. They do include, like others have said) RPG elements* but it's not saying much since almost every mainstream game nowadays includes RPG elements. And I don't mean it as a criticism. I enjoyed playing ME1, ME2 and (patched and DLCed) ME3.
*ME1 was the most RPGish game of the series.

Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Clearly.
--
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." — H. L. Mencken

zahratustra

SasqWatch

+1:

May 13th, 2017, 00:26
Well, the term RPG doesn't actually mean very much anymore does it? Like Pladio said, we all have our own preferences of what a fun RPG is, and it varies greatly. What I completely fail to understand is how some members of the forum seems to take different opinions than their own as personal insults.

Personally, no, to me ME are first and foremost action games with a strong narrative and some decent RPG mechanics like character building.
Last edited by tomasp3n; May 13th, 2017 at 21:02.

tomasp3n

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin Donor

May 13th, 2017, 19:37
Originally Posted by tomasp3n View Post
What I completely fail to understand is how some members of the forum seems to take different opinions tastes than their own as personal insults.
Sorry. Had to. Lemme check the mirror again though.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:

May 14th, 2017, 13:26
Sure Neverwinter series is more RPG than ME series? No way.

The attempt to put in a the box of non RPG Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, XCOM, and ME series is an absurd vain attempt. ME series is obvious RPG, none of other that at best have RPG elements.

No such arguing is going much further, it's an attempt to put RPGs in a tiny box. That is ridiculous, ME series doesn't fit your tiny box it's because you are closed minded and don't love RPG genre. But it's plain abvious ME series is RPG, and arguing on that is an incredible non sense, nothing related to subjectivity and prefences.

Says you hate ME series ok hateboy your taste and a very closed mind. Say it's not RPG, nope you are just a liar.

Dasale

SasqWatch

May 15th, 2017, 16:32
Neverwinter Nights certainly is more of a RPG than ME series is. ME are a watered-down version of KotOR and the first one is the only one worth playing.
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

May 15th, 2017, 23:56
Dunno, I think they're all worth playing (haven't tried ME:A though) but, as mentioned, wouldn't call them RPGs anymore. Saying that the ME series is more of an RPG than the NWN series is laughable, quite literally. I mean, why even bother arguing that. Waste of time. Just laugh and move on.

Stingray

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

May 16th, 2017, 00:54
BTW I noticed that microtransactions - that most of you probably dearly love - were confirmed for this new IP.

I just didnt notice which of these great features are related to it:
- “disruptive new social design”,
- "stunning design"
- "excellent gameplay mechanics"

Farflame

Keeper of the Watch

+1:

May 16th, 2017, 04:20
Originally Posted by Farflame View Post
BTW I noticed that microtransactions - that most of you probably dearly love - were confirmed for this new IP.

- "stunning design"

You forget "disruptive new social design" was already created by them to remove a perfectly useless forum of 2 million registered users adding things like scripting suggestions, game advice, faction forums, developer discussion and other distractions instead of not acquiescing to some an agenda on the "bioware social network".
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

+1:

May 16th, 2017, 10:00
The "new" Bioware and the direction it's heading to doesn't actually bother me all that much. While I did enjoy Baldur's Gate 1 + 2 quite a lot, Bioware had for years now the tendency to (in my opinion) dumb things down for the masses and to offer boring, limited, recycled, and lifeless maps/areas. Since exploration is one of the things I enjoy the most, the last part bothered me especially. Dragon Age: Inquisition was admittedly a big improvement in terms of exploration, but unfortunately its flawed game mechanics and grindy* nature made the whole thing kind of pointless.

(*at this point please imagine a bear waving at Joxer)

--
Evil characters rock:
"I am evil, I am mean, I am bad."
"You are good, you are nice, you are… dead."

abharsair

Grumpmaster

May 16th, 2017, 10:07
Originally Posted by abharsair View Post
The "new" Bioware and the direction it's heading to doesn't actually bother me all that much. While I did enjoy Baldur's Gate 1 + 2 quite a lot, Bioware had for years now the tendency to (in my opinion) dumb things down for the masses and to offer boring, limited, recycled, and lifeless maps/areas. Since exploration is one of the things I enjoy the most, the last part bothered me especially.
Agreed on Bioware. I think I stopped hoping for much since the release of DA2. While the limited exploration doesn't bother me much, DA2 in general bothered me heaps with recycled areas - just how lazy can they be?

(*at this point please imagine a bear waving at Joxer)
I LOLed so hard at this
--
Baldur's Gate II & Icewind Dale I fangirl
Favourite 5 RPGs: Baldur's Gate II: SoA + ToB, Icewind Dale I + HoW + TotLM, The Aielund Saga, Stardew Valley, Possibly The Witcher 3 in future

purpleblob

Princess

May 16th, 2017, 17:02
- "stunning design"

Oh god.. kill me now
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

May 16th, 2017, 21:26
- “disruptive new social design”
That's actually easy to imagine… Game time will progress if you play it or not. That means that, if you don't check every 30 minutes or so, all sorts of shit can happen. And that means that your social life is totally disrupted.
--
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." — H. L. Mencken

zahratustra

SasqWatch

+1:

May 16th, 2017, 22:40
Next gen online co-op romance FPS? Kind of fits the bill.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

May 17th, 2017, 02:01
Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
Next gen online co-op romance FPS? Kind of fits the bill.
You are awesome Cracked me right up.

Wisdom

Seeker
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 17th, 2017, 02:07
Calling it now, you'll be able to romance trannies in this one.

Stingray

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

May 17th, 2017, 19:46
Calling it now, you'll be able to romance trannies in this one.
Twill be the greatest orgy mankind has ever seen…disruptive new social design, heh!

Wouldn't be surprised if this is real turning point for BW…MEA and DAI ( relatively) under performing, they might fully move away from rpg, if this turns out $ bucket loader.
Could be interesting to throw some predictions were the big 4 will be in, five, ten years or so.
BW pushes more into action games, Betsy into world simulators, Obs barely holding together with smaller, "safe" crpgs, CDPR and Cyberpunk is mystery here.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

May 19th, 2017, 22:43
Dunno, I think they're all worth playing (haven't tried ME:A though) but, as mentioned, wouldn't call them RPGs anymore. Saying that the ME series is more of an RPG than the NWN series is laughable, quite literally. I mean, why even bother arguing that. Waste of time. Just laugh and move on.
More? I doubt that I wrote more.

What's cloonesque is argue ME series isn't RPG.

NWN is a very flawed RPG, it's bizarre how it's forgotten the very negative reception it gets from players. The mods changed nothing to game itself. It's possible extensions was better but no way the amazing marvels they seem be from words of fans of the extensions.

NWN2 was ridiculously linear even if they fixed some of the streamlining problems as party. MotB is great thanks to its writing, once more the series failed with tiny areas, bad exploration, excessive linearity.

Dasale

SasqWatch

May 19th, 2017, 23:45
Originally Posted by Dasale View Post
NWN is a very flawed RPG
Flawed is putting it lightly, I think the original campaign for NWN was pretty god-awful. I enjoyed ME1, ME2, and ME3 more than I enjoyed the NWN original campaign for sure. Doesn't change the fact that NWN is far more of an RPG than any of the ME's. RPG'ness isn't determined by the game's quality, it's determined by the game's mechanics.

Stingray

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » BioWare - New IP not before April 2018