Realms Beyond - Coming to Kickstarter in October - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Realms Beyond - Coming to Kickstarter in October

Default Realms Beyond - Coming to Kickstarter in October

August 24th, 2018, 19:19
Originally Posted by Capt. Huggy Face View Post
(…) some snot-nosed kid scratched down in his Trapper Keeper during detention that offers +/- 2% to whatever stat and really makes no discernible difference to anything in the game.
Ah thanks, this is exactly what I failed to express earlier because of my crappy english skills.
--
The delightful and ever novel pleasure of a useless occupation.
Winterfart is offline

Winterfart

Winterfart's Avatar
Passenger

#41

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: France
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 19:36
Originally Posted by Silver Coin View Post
I don't know, the hype still seems very immature. Is the alpha gameplay and screenshots seriously the only thing driving you guys to act like fanboys for an unreleased game by unproven developers? Not saying you can't be mildly excited, but this is plain silly.
Unproved developers can make awesome games like Fallout 1, Underrail, Baldur's Gate 1, Diablo 1 and others and proven developers can make crap like Diablo 3, Dragon Age 2 or Pillars of Eternity.
Your point?
Archangel is offline

Archangel

SasqWatch

#42

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,802
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 19:40
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
Ok, I don't put much stock in rumors. re: lead writer is a national socialist

That could be fake news. Or, it could be true, but his understanding or use of that label could be totally different than the standard definition.

I just think its weird how this pops up all of a sudden, out of the blue.

I think we should wait and see what the kickstarter page actually says, see who is the lead writer, or other writers, see other info that is released.

I don't even trust that some anonymous codex guy is actually, all of a sudden, the lead writer of this game. That sounds sketchy enough all by itself. I would wait and see, rather than trust early info that could be in flux, at this time…
I don't want to go into his political belief but there is little doubt he is the main writter. He has been giving insider info about the game on Codex for months now, he is calling himself the main writter, Codex staff have given him a dev tag and he is in the Gamescon pictures in their booth.
Archangel is offline

Archangel

SasqWatch

#43

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,802
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 19:42
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
Ok, I don't put much stock in rumors. re: lead writer is a national socialist
I just went to the codex to check the rumor. Sadly it's true (and if he's just joking there, he's pretty bad at it).

It kind of put a shade on my enthusiasm for the all thing. I can't for the life of me support a neo-nazi. If they make it, good for them, but not with my money.

I'll still play the game if it's good and "clean" but I won't pay for it.
Fuck him!
--
The delightful and ever novel pleasure of a useless occupation.
Winterfart is offline

Winterfart

Winterfart's Avatar
Passenger

#44

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: France
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 19:51
Wow, that is pretty wild. Why would a developer have a neo-nazi as the lead writer, ESPECIALLY of a game they are going to Kick-start?? Makes no sense. They can't be that dumb. I hope not.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404
Arkadia7 is offline

Arkadia7

Arkadia7's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#45

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pacific NorthWest, USA!
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 20:12
If an anonymous attention seeking trolling amateur from codex is nazi then I'm queen mother of England.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#46

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 22,031
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 20:13
@Arkadia7

I don't know. Maybe he's just an edgelord maybe he's serious. For what I've seen he's both. I ran out of patience for that type a long time ago…

The team is either aware that he's joking (if he's joking) or they don't mind he's serious.

I'll deport (hehe!) my enthusiasm, support and potential funding to another project like The New World by Iron Tower studio.
--
The delightful and ever novel pleasure of a useless occupation.
Last edited by Winterfart; August 24th, 2018 at 21:08.
Winterfart is offline

Winterfart

Winterfart's Avatar
Passenger

#47

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: France
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 20:24
Does this ominous codexian lead writer nazi suspect have a name?
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw


Currently playing: Civilization VI
Morrandir is offline

Morrandir

Morrandir's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#48

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,473
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 20:27
Yeah, JarlFrank.
May his life be shitty and short, and his name quickly forgotten.
--
The delightful and ever novel pleasure of a useless occupation.
Winterfart is offline

Winterfart

Winterfart's Avatar
Passenger

#49

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: France
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 20:33
Originally Posted by Winterfart View Post
@Arkadia7

I don't know. Maybe he's just an edgelord maybe he's serious. For what I've seen he's both. I ran out of patience for that type a long time ago…

The team is either aware that he's joking (if he's joking) or they don't mind he's serious.

I'll deport (hehe!) my enthusiasm, support and potential funding to another project like The New World by Iron Studios.
Yes, I understand your decision. I think it's a respectable thing to do. I'm just kinda shocked by this new information that came out in this thread.

This studio, ceres games, they must realize that kickstarter will have a lot of Americans on it. That they would probably expect to get the bulk of any money raised through the kickstarter from American rpg gamers. Next, they must be aware of how volatile and tense the current political situation is here. So, knowing this, why would they choose to employ someone who openly identifies as a neo-nazi, to be the lead writer of their very important rpg game. It just is a very bizarre situation.

I am going to see what happens. Maybe they will end up firing the lead writer. Or, maybe the lead writer can declare he wasn't serious and he really doesn't believe that stuff in the first place. They have to do something though, because in my humble opinion, this is very damaging info and could lose them a lot of money from a kickstarter from others, who, like you, won't want to back the game under these circumstances. Which again, is a very understandable and reasonable reaction!

I think I won't make any more comments about this, just want to leave it there.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404
Arkadia7 is offline

Arkadia7

Arkadia7's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#50

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pacific NorthWest, USA!
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 20:35
Hard to know with the Codex. They take ironic detachment and method-trolling to the point of mental illness.

If I were you, I'd ignore all that crap for now. Let's see if the game's even worth our time before dipping in to all that.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#51

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,656
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 20:40
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
someone who openly identifies as a neo-nazi
There is a source for sure?
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw


Currently playing: Civilization VI
Morrandir is offline

Morrandir

Morrandir's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#52

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,473
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 20:43
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
I think I won't make any more comments about this, just want to leave it there.
I lost a very good friend years ago, because he happened to be of arabic descent and met with a pack of neo-nazi skinheads in a street, one night.
They beated him to death. He was a nice guy.

I think I'll follow you lead and keep quiet about that affair, because my blood is boiling right now.
Fuck them and fuck him!
--
The delightful and ever novel pleasure of a useless occupation.
Winterfart is offline

Winterfart

Winterfart's Avatar
Passenger

#53

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: France
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 20:49
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
There is a source for sure?
Ploppy in post #36 said that the writer in question is a "self-described National Socialist"

Then in post #50, a link is given to his rpg codex profile. And in that profile there are swastika's present, and "reich" is used. OK, maybe he is just trolling. But I didn't bother to dig into his posts. Apparently, according to other comments, its hard to tell but he seems to be serious about it.

Anyway, if it is all just one big codex joke and/or he is trolling, then he should say so, and explain that he is not sympathetic to nazi philosophies. In my opinion.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404
Arkadia7 is offline

Arkadia7

Arkadia7's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#54

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pacific NorthWest, USA!
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 20:53
What you have to bear in mind, in that it's like a frat house full of pricks. Trying to get the Watch going over talk of Nazis, is like releasing a snake into the girl's changing rooms.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#55

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,656
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 20:53
Originally Posted by Winterfart View Post
I lost a very good friend years ago, because he happened to be of arabic descent and met with a pack of neo-nazi skinheads in a street, one night.
They beat him to death. He was a nice guy.

I think I'll follow you lead and keep quiet about that affair, because my blood is boiling right now.
Fuck them and fuck him!
Kind of unfair to blame a lot of random people around the world because of actions of few idiots.
JarlFrank is complete opposite of skinheads that just use neo-nacism to act out their aggressive tendencies.

Edit: by that I mean he looks just another nerd and I have not seen him be part of circlejerks that are fairly common on Codex.
Archangel is offline

Archangel

SasqWatch

#56

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,802
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 20:54
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
Kind of unfair to blame a lot of random people around the world because of actions of few idiots.
JarlFrank is complete opposite of skinheads that just use neo-nacism to act out their aggressive tendencies.
You just gained a ticket to my ignore list. Good job and see you… never!
--
The delightful and ever novel pleasure of a useless occupation.
Winterfart is offline

Winterfart

Winterfart's Avatar
Passenger

#57

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: France
Posts: 808
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 20:55
If that profile is true it sickens me so I won't back the game.
If that profile is his idea of humour it sickens me so I won't back the game.
TomRon is offline

TomRon

TomRon's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#58

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,136
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 20:59
Originally Posted by Winterfart View Post
You just gained a ticket to my ignore list. Good job and see you… never!
Whatever man. I don't need to talk to idiots that use emotion over reason. I don't have a habit of using collective blaim over actions of individuals.
Archangel is offline

Archangel

SasqWatch

#59

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,802
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

August 24th, 2018, 21:10
Originally Posted by Ploppy View Post
The elephant in the room for me is that the Codex guy / lead writer is a self-described National Socialist. I personally believe that this should be treated separately from the game itself and I want to back it regardless, but I can't help fearing that it's all going to end in a shitstorm.
Thank Christ you were here in time to warn us.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)
Ripper is offline

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#60

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,656
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Realms Beyond - Coming to Kickstarter in October
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:19.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch