Battle Brothers - a turn based strategy RPG mix for PC, Mac and Linux.

I play at veteran difficulty with veteran economy. I don't have to do many reloads unless I start at a really bad disadvantage with all the enemy archers at height. Every once in awhile I have to reload early on if a lucky shot takes out one of my favorite brothers.

I don't play on iron man usually because it can be a pain early on but I have won a crisis or two on iron man. I also usually start with extra starting funds. Another reason I don't like iron man is that if I spend a ton of cash on a sell sword or hedge knight and their stats suck I will reload.

I think that's why I play beginner. Veteran is too unforgiving and reloading over and over does get boring for me.

I think that's why I play beginner. Veteran is too unforgiving and reloading over and over does get boring for me.

I don't reload that often, maybe once every 15-20 days. When I get the right armor and a few lvls I won't reload at all sometimes. Later on when you are fighting 30+ units the battles are too long and I will live with the results unless something really unlucky happens or I miss click. I don't like reloading over and over either.

I'm pretty much the same as Hastar, I don't have to have a victory where no one on my company died or was maimed, these battles run too long to replay them over and over. If I can walk away with a semi-decisive victory, that's more than enough for me to move the game along to the next stage. Once you get properly geared up, that adds much to your companies endurance.

It looks like a fun game though I'm not good at the hardcore turn-based strategy thing. I may give it a shot though. I find the art design and graphics… cute. I like that each of the many characters & soldiers and most of the monsters/undead seems to have its own artwork tile.

Try it on easy to begin, Jack, and if that gets too simple just start another game at a higher level. It is quite enjoyable, if you like turn based combat I guarantee that, at the very least, you will get your monies' worth. Be patient, keep an eye on terrain features and the rest will pretty much fall into place!

This is definitely one of the best turn-based combat games out there. I put a lot of hours into this game, worth a buy, I just hope that one day an expansion will be released.

That said, I find the late game to be tiresome. The enemies become so lethal and heavily armoured, and your high-skill brothers are so precious, that it's easy to get into a position where you have to retire. Also, I hate all goblins, they are the most frustrating and annoying opponents ever.

It might be streamed. Or not. The lastest dlc was not much streamed.

This is definitely one of the best turn-based combat games out there. I put a lot of hours into this game, worth a buy, I just hope that one day an expansion will be released.

That said, I find the late game to be tiresome. The enemies become so lethal and heavily armoured, and your high-skill brothers are so precious, that it's easy to get into a position where you have to retire. Also, I hate all goblins, they are the most frustrating and annoying opponents ever.

To go against the heavy armor of orcs you need two hammer brothers at least and a good 2 handed axe that crushes armor. Going against goblins you better not have neglected your range defense.

I don't use daggers much but you can also use them to punch thru the heavy armor.

Can't nobody fix this lying title? Each time the thread popup to top, I have a heart beat suspension, wait they finally released it on Mac?

Nope just a false advertising, isn't this forbidden by law?

Can't nobody fix this lying title? Each time the thread popup to top, I have a heart beat suspension, wait they finally released it on Mac?

Nope just a false advertising, isn't this forbidden by law?

Can't you run Windows on a mac with bootcamp or something?

Can't you run Windows on a mac with bootcamp or something?
And? It's not changing the fact that this title is lying publicity forbidden by law.

Yeah yeah, I'll do that, but I don't buy indie games on Windows just on Mac or very cheap. So I'm waiting better sales and on the final full package.

EDIT: I'm posting this from Windows, sigh. But at first it was a 20mn visit before come back home, and Firefox looks almost the same on Mac/Windows, so pollute the forum with posts is a fine activity, no matter the OS.

And? It's not changing the fact that this title is lying publicity forbidden by law.

Yeah yeah, I'll do that, but I don't buy indie games on Windows just on Mac or very cheap. So I'm waiting better sales and on the final full package.

EDIT: I'm posting this from Windows, sigh. But at first it was a 20mn visit before come back home, and Firefox looks almost the same on Mac/Windows, so pollute the forum with posts is a fine activity, no matter the OS.
Where is lying against the law?

Sorry it is off topic but I'd like to know

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

When you get the whole, "ganging up on one opponent at a time and beating them until they are a puddle" concept, it progresses smoothly. Just keep in mind that you will run into more difficult opponents down the road, and you best be ready to make tactical adjustments, and keep up on the good equipment.

Where is lying against the law?

Sorry it is off topic but I'd like to know

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I think the FBI is already on the tracks, and hide in some European country won't help.

It's not lie you can deny, it's pure lie you can't deny.

Ok perhaps you live in an outlaw country, sort of modern wild west, but in France I can guaranty it's outlaw for publicity. And now or it's coming, spreading false information is outlaw, and soon in Europe this will be generalized, if it's not already done.

You should get out of your cave with your SM or not. This is outlaw too, SM not caves, ok you live in a wild west like country, get it.

Day one purchase for me. Adore this game and will gladly buy any and all DLC offerings at full price to support the devs. Consider this high praise as I’m a total cheapskate with a huge backlog who generally refuses to buy anything until it’s at least 75% off. Super excited!

Back
Top Bottom