Mark Leung: Revenge of the Bitch

Thaurin

SasqWatch
This post is partly so that I don't forget about this title again, because it doesn't look like it's a very-well know title… and probably it's best that way. It seems so over the top and batshit, that it will probably never catch on. :)

I've done a search on the forum and it's only mentioned in a few thread, although Rampant Coyote did an article about it. The humour is pretty out there, complete with cheesy, amateurish FMV cut-scenes. I am most afraid of the supposed huge technical issues, though.

So, does anybody have anything to say about this game?

So, does anybody have anything to say about this game?
I do.

The game is full of humor, not just story based, and I don't want to spoil the story so I'll just mention that Leung's girlfriend has a beard! Ok, it's fake one, it's obviously incorrect humor type, but still made me laugh when I saw it first time.
The gameplay and quests are not irritating nor boring so you'll have enough fun with that. Especially when you face "bosses" like a giant bunny that looks as if some body builder is wearing a bunny costume - again another reason to laugh your arse off.

But there is one mistake developer did so that game will never be a success. Mobs - respawn. Yes, you get into an area, clear out everything, return back (because you have to return to proceed into another area linked to it) and it's again filled with same hundreds of beasts, crawlers, bugs and all those stuff you 've already killed thousand times and really don't want to deal with over and over again so you'll probably lose your patience, uninstall the game before you finish it and switch to a game that doesn't respawn mobs as there are plenty of those available today.

If there was a patch that would remove respawns completely, this game would probably be a cult classic. In current state it's a shame that boredom you get from respawns kills your eagerness to play it more just to get another twisted humor scene.

And I've never finished it.

Hmmm, I guess I'll get it at one point, just for the humour and novelty value. Also, I seem to have a reasonably high tolerance for monotomous combat, as I've finished several Final Fantasy games. ;) It just seems like something I don't want to miss. :)

Back
Top Bottom