The TV Series discussion thread

No, sadly the climate here can't support it.

On the other hand...
marijuana-pot-size-1.jpg

Well, I hope she grows up to be big and strong.

Abandon every hope.

Just finished Erased on Netflix. (This is Japanese with subtitles). Apparently live action version of manga which also previously had an anime version (which I have not seen). I must say I enjoyed it quite a bit at least enough to finish it and would recommend it. Only issues I had was that the character reminded me too much of Hiro in Heroes and some occasionally bad acting but I think being foreign language for me helps that somewhat.

Also finally finished the Punisher over the holidays and liked that much better than I thought I would. Far better than any of the movies and I would argue better than any of the Defenders series.

Just finished Erased on Netflix. (This is Japanese with subtitles).
Avoid it. Live version of animes generally suck and this one isn't different.

Instead, go for anime version (on Crunchyroll):
I think we've already discussed Erased, it's IMO a top notch anime, you won't be sorry for watching it even if you don't like the ending.
Something similar? Only one thing comes in mind - Butterfly Effect (the movie), but unlike that one Erased is a thriller without Cindy Lauper outfit cameo.
Watch it ASAP.

Note that… Owning this plant is usually not legal. Unless you live in Canada.

I have several, they're legal in Sweden as long as it's planted ;)

In my 20's and early 30's i used to grow cacti, psilocybin shrooms, weed.. shrooms are very difficult, takes a lot of practice and luck. cacti very slow and boring, weed is the most fun - super easy, grows extremely fast, very fun to see it develop etc.

you can grow weed without any fresh air, but it does grow bigger with more CO2.. usually you grow it 1 month in vegetation stage (plant above looks about 1 month old) and then it can take around 70 more days for it to flower, depends on indica (faster flowering) or sativa leaning...

Finished Mindhunters: UNAbomber. It was decent enough, i guess. It didn't have any really likeable characters though, everyone is a total douche including the main (agent) character. It's probably quite realistic though.

Not sure what to think of movies about these terrorists. I mean the whole idea behind their terror is to get recognition, to spread their propaganda (a TV series dedicated to them is clearly their dream coming true), and the series is quite full of his propaganda. Yes its shows the horrors but just as much (in fact more) it tries to show that he's perhaps right and perhaps the past (not sure how reliable that info even is) made him do it, so we are also supposed to feel sorry for him. It's all quite interesting, of course (the human nature..) but obviously spreading his word to millions, giving them recognition and fame can be a very powerful catalyst for further terror deeds like this.

So yes the series spends a bit too much effort into making him "human". Very little is spent on the victims of his actions, you get to see someone with a disfigured face or a missing limb, and yes you get to see the explosions. Perhaps 1-2 minutes in total, in comparison to hours of trying to portray the UNAbomber as someone with a ""troubled"" past (trouble with someone he fell in love with - wow, he must be the first in history to have that problem ;) …and some supposed experiment with him at the University he went to). A bit tasteless i think since it's clearly made to make us feel sorry for him, and his "troubled" past is not enough for those feelings, not even close.

Last edited:
Just finished The Office (american version) for the nth time. Love this series. So beautiful. And the final season is nothing short of amazing. All the characters are superb, and I love how Michael Scott goes from a pathetic/hated character, to a lovable one. Dwight is a second favorite. Actually, I think it's more of a tie between Michael and Dwight.

I think it all started because I mentioned a review of Britannia, which suggested that it was so weird it would be best appreciated by those who enjoy the reefer.

Finished Dark on Netflix. Very good show even watching it dubbed (for the wife). The last few episodes really picked up the pace.

We watched the most recent series of the Crown, and it was just as good as the first series, perhaps even a bit better. I found one episode kind of hum drum, but one out of ten isn't bad.

Finished Dark on Netflix. Very good show even watching it dubbed (for the wife). The last few episodes really picked up the pace.

Good to hear. "The Girl Who . . ." had two DVDs subtitled and one DVD dubbed. (or vise versa), Fortunately they had great voice actors in dubbed DVDs and it presented no problems at all.

The dubbing in Dark wasn't very good, but I still really enjoyed it and look forward to the second season. I was surprised at how fresh and unique it was compared to most shows I've watched lately.

I was initially disappointed by that final episode, but that was before I realized they were going to continue the series.

Still didn't proceed with Dark, but then again I've been stretched on so many sides I can't do anything as of yet.

What I can and will as soon as it gets available here is:

Apparently it just started airing on SVK. Can't wait.

Awesome, can't wait either.

OMG, just watched the IT remake. It was horrible, the monster was not scary, people separated for no reason other than to be alone so they could get attacked, the main kid was not likeable (but I did like the fat kid - I wanted him to get the girl). And then the movie ends as part 1.

I bring this movie up in the TV discussion thread because both my wife and I will be rewatching the 1990 Television mini series within the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom