The TV Series discussion thread

I've heard bad things about the latest It movie, which doesn't surprise me at all. Remakes tend to let us down. I'll catch this when HBO airs it, sure not spending anything extra to see it.

I'm still giggling over the X-files from last night, Langly saying that the Patriots are in his world and they never, ever win. Best thing I've heard in years!!! If anyone else talks about this episode, I bet they'll never mention that line.

OMG, just watched the IT remake. It was horrible, the monster was not scary, people separated for no reason other than to be alone so they could get attacked, the main kid was not likeable (but I did like the fat kid - I wanted him to get the girl). And then the movie ends as part 1.

I bring this movie up in the TV discussion thread because both my wife and I will be rewatching the 1990 Television mini series within the next few days.

I think you might find that the 1990 version wasn't that good either. I had fond memories of it, but when I recently rewatched it prior to seeing the new one, I found it hadn't aged very well.

I actually thought the new film was ok. I didn't find Pennywise very scary myself, but at least he's more intimidating than Tim Curry in 1990. :)

Just watched the new episode of Star Trek Discovery...ugh. The new story arc, which is well trodden ground for sci-fi (and oh so predictable from the pre-hiatus episode), just didn't do anything for me - along with the silly costumes etc. I wonder if their budget was cut? The FX and props look cheaper somehow.

you can grow weed without any fresh air, but it does grow bigger with more CO2.. usually you grow it 1 month in vegetation stage (plant above looks about 1 month old) and then it can take around 70 more days for it to flower, depends on indica (faster flowering) or sativa leaning…

Thanks for clarifying bro. I just wonder with the temperature regulations if the weed in different parts of the continent would have different tastes? Like weed that was grown in NY would taste different than one that was grown in Africa? What do you reckon?

ST Discovery is taking too much time in mirror universe without making a point.
The best episodes in other ST shows were those happening in mirror universe, in this one seems to me it's worst episodes which is a shame.

Thanks for clarifying bro. I just wonder with the temperature regulations if the weed in different parts of the continent would have different tastes? Like weed that was grown in NY would taste different than one that was grown in Africa? What do you reckon?

No, it's no different. Optimal temperature is around 24C, that will make them grow the fastest. Taste is different between various strains (and there are many) + unlimited numbers of different crosses between various strains. Taste is also very dependent on the drying process + making sure all nutrients are flushed out from the plant during the last weeks (they don't taste good, chemical ones can be harmful).

This is probably not the thread to discuss this since it's a rather lengthy topic ;)

Yeah, Cheech and Chong - the reefer madness probably needs its own thread in P&R. :p

hehe actually i stopped smoking weed like 2 years before i started with any kind of modding :) weed does tend to make you rather lazy (and fat). Where it shines is for watching movies and listening to music, and for sex (strain dependent), imo.

Family Guy: Ep 11
Dog Bites Bear

I record the series but only watch the Stewie and Brian episodes. And the latest episode was a winner. They have a couple bits about the Fast and the Furious that are hilarious but the overall episode is quite touching.

Did you say kinky?
I'm definetly gonna watch it!

Well, the first episode of Britannia was nowhere near as interesting as I'd hoped. Sort of a poor man's GOT rather than something unique.

They have a solid cast, and an adequate budget, but the writing was mediocre, and the direction uninspired. As one reviewer put it, some scenes put you in mind of some cosplayers who got lost somewhere off the M3. The much vaunted surreal aspect really just comes down to some cheesy effects to imply that the evil druids are always high.

Disappointing.

Last edited:
That is unfortunate. I had such high hopes for Britannia, but at the end of day, most historic / fantasy series tend to suck. It is almost like a rule. Anyhow I've been watching couple of series which may intrest some here.

Crown: Writing is just top quality and it feels so authentic. I can't really fault this series. If you're interested in brittish royality and Britain's post 2:nd ww history, don't miss this gem.

An other series I've been following is called Cardinal. It has this dark menacing True Detective feel almost. This canadian crime series is based on Cardinal novels writen by Giles Blunt. The star of this show is Billy Cambel who gets to play this troubled homicide detective. I have to say that he really nails the role.

The second series of the Crown was really good, almost as great as the first. Over the past two weeks we've been watching Godless, last night we saw the fifth and sixth episode, leaving just one to finish. Quite possibly the best western I've watched since Lonesome Dove ( and no, Deadwood wasn't a western, it doesn't count).

The second series of the Crown was really good, almost as great as the first. Over the past two weeks we've been watching Godless, last night we saw the fifth and sixth episode, leaving just one to finish. Quite possibly the best western I've watched since Lonesome Dove ( and no, Deadwood wasn't a western, it doesn't count).

Not so updated as you are but i still think Qyburn was a fantastic prime minister.

Disappointed to hear Britannica isn't so good.

I'm currently working through Season 7 of the Walking Dead. I love the show generally but this season is starting to feel a bit daft. Some of the new groups of survivors smell of gimmick rather than character. It's still better than most stuff on TV though so I'm mostly enjoying it.

I love Vikings and Shameless tv shows
also started towatch Magicians, its like Harry Potter but with drugs and sex

Back
Top Bottom