Skyrim - Remaster Rumored

I believe this image fits the criteria better Emma.:lol:

R8xuYNN.png

That too. xD

Unlike people here, I doubt many people can get Skyrim to look pretty even with all the mods etc. It still take lot of time and and effort to do. I started Skyrim again and most of my time was spent of trying out different mods to get the look I want and I hight doubt the average Joe gamer who plays Skyrim will bother to do what I have done.

Now given how popular Skyrim still is, I think a remaster is justified to an extent unlike many other games which get a remaster. Anyway my guess is, Bethesda wants to bring Skyrim with mod support to PS4 and Xbox so this is really aimed at those people.

Having said all that, I rather they make new TES game rather than do this but TES Online means we won't see a new TES game any time soon :(

Unlike people here, I doubt many people can get Skyrim to look pretty even with all the mods etc. It still take lot of time and and effort to do. I started Skyrim again and most of my time was spent of trying out different mods to get the look I want and I hight doubt the average Joe gamer who plays Skyrim will bother to do what I have done.

Now given how popular Skyrim still is, I think a remaster is justified to an extent unlike many other games which get a remaster. Anyway my guess is, Bethesda wants to bring Skyrim with mod support to PS4 and Xbox so this is really aimed at those people.

Having said all that, I rather they make new TES game rather than do this but TES Online means we won't see a new TES game any time soon :(

I'd be amazed (but very pleased) if they release an upgraded PC version. I'd bet on it being simply a port to PS4/XBone.

Unlike people here, I doubt many people can get Skyrim to look pretty even with all the mods etc.
I'd take the challenge to prove you wrong, but there is one little problem.
I don't like the game. And because I don't like the content, I don't care about improving it's looks.

poop-icecream-emoji.jpg

Bah, this is just Bethesda showing off their console porting tech skills. :p

I'd be amazed (but very pleased) if they release an upgraded PC version. I'd bet on it being simply a port to PS4/XBone.

And give it free to those PC owners :) But I doubt Beth is that kind...

And give it free to those PC owners :) But I doubt Beth is that kind…

If they give it away free to owners of the original game, I'll eat Joxer's ice cream.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect free "upgrade" for a remade version (if it comes to PC). Some developers do that, kudos to them, but I don't think that's the rule. After all (assuming you like Skyrim and the features of the remake), you get added value.

It is however reasonable (according to pibbur) to expect lower price for those who already have the pre-remade version of Skyrim.

pibbur who wonders if anyone (outside Bethesda) knows for sure there will be a remake, or if (as he hopes) we are discussing the beard of the pope.

Last edited:
If they give it away free to owners of the original game, I'll eat Joxer's ice cream.

Which one (assuming he will give it to you)?

pibbur who prefers his ice cream to be green and bought locally.

So they have the right to use any mod the way they want and yet they barely manage to introduce anything new with their games? Impressive

New relatively to what?

Skyrim was massively inspired by Oblivion's modding scene. So much that, six months before Skyrim release, playing Oblivion with a selection of mods delivered an experience close to the experience Skyrim would deliver.

The crowdfunding movement has stressed the differences between modding scenes (at least, in the case of devs who stick for some time to their personal vision without surrendering it at the first hurtle)

Modding scenes might work in the direction of the product as they might work against that direction.

Bethesda modding scene has been for long working against the direction of Bethesda's products.
Players buy products they know they wont like (hard to understand) and expect the modding scene to remove the features they do not like.
Such mods do not exist to further the experience wanted by the devs but to negate it, to crush it under another one.

Comparing Oblivion's modding scene and Skyrim showed a deep plunge in modders working to extend the game experience as it was intented to.
If Bethesda was to keep course, they would have little to borrow from the modding scene.

Bethesda probably initiated a change in course with FO4. Maybe it will impact the yield of the modding scene.

As such, though, contrary to the Morrowind scene that was fertile, Skyrim is sterile. Mods go against what Skyrim is supposed to be.It is not possible to integrate that kind of stuff without changing the host.

...who wants to bet all the popular mods for Skyrim get uploaded without permission to Bethesda.net within days of release? I'm betting my SMIM mod will be uploaded by 20 people day one...I guess this means I have to upload it myself to avoid copycats...and hope my version somehow becomes the popular download instead of some copycat.

There are a bunch of mods with 'Requiem' in the name. Is there a more specific 'Requiem' you can point out? I'd like to take a look at the mod brought up in this thread.

Here it is:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281/?
Here is a reddit with a lot of useful information: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimrequiem/

Someone wrote about weapon length fixes. No, I dont think requiem fixes that but it changes a lot of things so it is not impossible. I've limited experienced with non-requiem versions of Skyrim. Without it Skyrim was enjoyable but pale. With it Skyrim turns into my top 5 rpg-list.. well if I had one it would!

Requiem used to recommend one of the combat mods, saying that was how Requiem was designed to be played. I can't remember which one, but it's probably still in their text, somewhere.

I also saw that Eurogamer are saying they've spoken to other "sources", and believe the remaster rumour to be true.

Well after reading more online it looks like another Dishonored Remake. Which means they will add the HD textures, all the expansions, and enable console mods.

FYI it will probably just be a console release again.:nod:

How is it the third time?

It's the third time for people who bought the base game and then were forced to buy the legendary edition because the DLC has never been on sale for cheaper than the full legendary edition.

I should have said 3rd time some people have bought the base/core game.

Here it is:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281/?
Here is a reddit with a lot of useful information: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimrequiem/

Someone wrote about weapon length fixes. No, I dont think requiem fixes that but it changes a lot of things so it is not impossible. I've limited experienced with non-requiem versions of Skyrim. Without it Skyrim was enjoyable but pale. With it Skyrim turns into my top 5 rpg-list.. well if I had one it would!

Thank you very much! Looks very interesting I think I'm going to try this out...

Back
Top Bottom