Sword Coast Legends - Last Chance to Purchase

Sadly, this game had the potential to be a great game, but that potential was wasted.

Exactly my thoughts. So sad, the graphics were so good. The game had this DM mode that could be so cool. A shame really.

I was so hyped when n-space announced this game. And so disappointed afterwards :lol:

Exactly my thoughts. So sad, the graphics were so good. The game had this DM mode that could be so cool. A shame really.

I was so hyped when n-space announced this game. And so disappointed afterwards :lol:
I was hyped for about 1 month. After that how they would hide any real info about the game started sounding fishy. And then when they started to leak info I became disappointed fast.
It is like they knew people would not like what they are making but they made it anyways.

I think this should be a lesson to any future designers. If you are not proud to show the full force of your game, maybe the game is not worth making.

I would pay 50 bucks in an instant if...

- the game was sold in a box or at least at GOG
- the game would meet the announced system requirements. They changed them shortly before release, so the game doesn't run on a 32bit WinXP machine anymore.

Shame. Really.

I would pay 50 bucks in an instant if…

- the game would meet the announced system requirements. They changed them shortly before release, so the game doesn't run on a 32bit WinXP machine anymore.

Shame. Really.

I couldn't believe you can't get the soundtrack on 8-track either. My rotary phone won't connect to the modem line and my black and white TV can't play the trailer for the game at all. The outhouse is too far from the house for me to play from the throne too!

It is a mediocre party based RTwP game. Don't expect superb scenario or dialogue writing. But definitely worth that price.

As I noted on steam folks complain about game ending bugs. For those who played here just how bad are those bugs and are they common or do easy work around exists ?

People with 32 bit WinXP machines really need to be put down :)

I have a WinXP machine, a Win98 laptop and also a DOS/Win3.1 laptop ... they are awesome.

However, I don’t expect someone making a game in the last several years to think that any of them deserve to be recognized as existing, let alone supporting!

As I noted on steam folks complain about game ending bugs. For those who played here just how bad are those bugs and are they common or do easy work around exists ?

I had no bugs when I played, but I may simply have been lucky? I had fun with the main campaign, but the DLC (which I got for free) was dull. I only played the single player campaign - maybe the multiplayer part was buggier?

You don't geht it, do you? I habe a 64bit Win7 system, but it is not about that. They promised 32bit, XP and DX9. And then they prolly changed the engine Version without any technical necessity. Look even Torment works on XP, albeit 64bit. Same with wasteland 2 SE - I boycotted it although i got it for free. They promised and did not deliver.

You don't geht it, do you? I habe a 64bit Win7 system, but it is not about that. They promised 32bit, XP and DX9. And then they prolly changed the engine Version without any technical necessity. Look even Torment works on XP, albeit 64bit. Same with wasteland 2 SE - I boycotted it although i got it for free. They promised and did not deliver.

How did you determine they "probably" changed the engine version without any technical necessity?

I would pay 50 bucks in an instant if…

Shame. Really.

If the company that made the OS doesn't even support it anymore, why should the weight fall on the shoulders of a game developer?

That's just silly. The ZX-81 doesn't have the hardware to display such complex scenes, regardless of OS. Whereas Amigas can do anything!!

It is like they knew people would not like what they are making but they made it anyways.

Exactly! They knew that their advertisement ("the next baldur's gate") was BS. How can someone not hate that? And how could WotC let that happen? That's why I say it's not worthy a penny.

Back
Top Bottom