Dark Souls Remastered - First Screenshots

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that the first screenshots for Dark Souls Remastered have appeared.

Bandai Namco has revealed the first screenshots for Dark Souls Remastered. Dark Souls Remastered will allow players to re-experience the genre-defining title that kicked off a worldwide gaming phenomena in stunning high-definition detail, with support for 4K resolutions and 60fps.

Now I’ll be honest here, these screenshots appear heavily photoshopped. And I’m say this because the contrast levels feel unnatural and nowhere near to what I remember from my experience with the first Dark Souls game. I’m pretty sure that PC gamers will be able to get close to these visuals thanks to Reshade, however it seems unlikely for the vanilla version to have this kind of contrast.

[...]
More information.

Meh. DS 1 was a poor port, DS II/III bland and uninspired follow up with less going for it than AC titles.
Guess they don't mind milking it.

67e.gif

DS is still the best one, with a big seamless world. One day I'll replay it (it's very rare of me to replay a game), but I doubt it will be the switch version. To play with a lower framerate and resolution doesn't make sense. And it's not a game suited to play on the go. I think the ability to just suspend play at any time will be detrimental to the experience.

For me, this hasn't been out nearly long enough to warrant any kind of remake or anything. Personally, I doubt that I'll ever replay this one, it just wasn't really my type of game.

original game + durante fix + sweetfx = "remastered" edition = 40e hahahaaha (no discount for original owners)

original game + durante fix + sweetfx = "remastered" edition = 40e hahahaaha (no discount for original owners)

This is true unfortunately, wish they would have add even some small amount of new content to make it more enticing. You can already play the game on pc @4k/60.

Having said that though I’ll be buying it. Mainly to support from software.

Dark souls may be my favorite game of all time. It was the first game in years that had me staying up all night and eager to finish work so I could get home and play. Much the way wizardry 1 hooked me when I was younger.

I loved the mystery and unknown. From how stats worked to game mechanics and figuring out movesets to the normally simple and mundain things like curing a curse or why the heck my head turned into a parasite. Everything in the game felt new , fresh and had a learning curve much like games of old.

It will always be a classic in my book.

I hope they change the weapon slots from two per hand to three. I would buy it for that convenience alone.

Back
Top Bottom