Thief 4 to be announced May 11th.

:thumbsup:
Great news!
It's been a while since Thief 3 and I'd love a decent stealth game.
Are the developers the same?
Could someone refresh my memory on how did Thief 3 end?

Thief 3 was developed by Ion Storm. Thief 4 will be developed by Eidos Montreal, who is also currently developing Deus Ex 3.

What about the previous Thiefs?Who was the developer?

So we might as well get another franchise milking?

I loved Thief 1 and 2, but don't remember playing Thief 3. Was that consolized?

I loved Thief 1 and 2, but don't remember playing Thief 3. Was that consolized?

Well, it was also on consoles, but wasn't anything like Deus Ex: Invisible War - I actually really like Thief 3 and find it holds up with time. The Enemy AI is retty stupid most of the time and there was a funny comic about it back then.

The third installment of Thief was pretty good, I think. IMO it may not have been the gem that T2 was, but that's because Karras' creepy children really freaked me out. The T3 Cradle level was scary, but the steampunk horror of part 2 was more my cup of tea.
I suspect, though (judging from T3's ending), that Garrett won't return as the protagonist. But all things aside T4 is a game I'm really looking forward to :).

I should really get around to playing the first two Thief games. I kinda got bored with the first one, about one third in. Never played the second much - but for some reason the third hooked me enough to get about halfway through it.

Love the concept and, of course, I have a serious thing for Looking Glass - but I don't know, Thief is just too limited in structure. Still, gotta try again soon.

Anyway, I don't expect much from a fourth one - but there's always a chance :)

I really liked the third thief game.
Looking forward to this one, thanks JDR.

Hopefully this newly registered site has nothing to do with the game.

"Thi4f"?!? Ugh.

I should really get around to playing the first two Thief games. I kinda got bored with the first one, about one third in. Never played the second much - but for some reason the third hooked me enough to get about halfway through it.

Same thing happened - I got Thief 1 as a gift right when it came out and it took a bit for me to appreciate it, loved #3 and only then got #2.

I hope it won't be desaster like Thief "3" was. (It was never named "Thief 3", the name was "Thief: Deadly Shadows" - so the console players wouldn't think they miss anything.)
The story was bad and cliché-ridden, the enemies were dumb (and also cliché-ridden), the levels too small, and they just didn't implement diving in water and rope arrows.
I never understood why anyone on earth would like the idea of the city as a "glue" between the missions. It made the world of Thief so small, it was outright ridiculous. I especially remembering how I killed some guards, walked around a bit, and met the very same guard alive around the next corner. And every mini-mission in this city, like stealing the content of a chest, was resetted the next time, so you just could do it again. Ugh. I really makes me angry when I think of how big and rich the world in Thief 1 and 2 was ...
The thing in Thief "3" that annoyed me most, was the fact that The Metal Age was completely discarded ... it was like it never happened!? And there wasn't any explanation about that. Just two or three letters/books, which mention Karras as a sidenote. And they even banned women from the guards.
Thief "3" never had any interesting missions. I highly enjoyed playing most missions in Thief 1 (e.g. the rescue of Cutty, the mansion of Constantine or the infilitration of the Hammerites) or missions in Thief 2, like the trespass into the bank. In Thief "3", you have standardized specifications what to steal, like "90% of the loot and 3 special loot items". UGH!
Bad sequel. Bad, bad sequel.

Back
Top Bottom