Solasta - Kickstarter Campaign successful

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Solasta: Crown of the Magister Kickstarter campaign was a success - the Sorcerer class will be added later as DLC:

Kickstarter Campaign is over! THANK YOU EVERYONE!

That's it, the Campaign is over! The entire Tactical Adventures crew thanks you, each and everyone of you who made this Kickstarter a success. It was a wild month, but worth all the effort! But we're sure you're wondering about the last Stretch Goals. Did we make it or not?

We fell short of the Sorcerer Stretch Goal, which means we most likely won't be able to add it to the final game... at launch, that is! We've seen how much love this class received in the comments and on our social media channels, so we decided to offer the Sorcerer Class as FREE DLC after we wrap up Solasta: Crown of the Magister!

Get ready to sling Empowered Fireballs and Twinned Haste, for the Sorcerer will definitively make its way to Solasta!

[...]
More information.

Good news for me, as I often play sorcerers, but I'll miss my usual gnome.

When you implement a "stretch" goal anyway, is it still a "stretch" goal? Seems like a bit of a stretch to me...

When you implement a "stretch" goal anyway, is it still a "stretch" goal? Seems like a bit of a stretch to me…

They are implementing it as a "free" dlc, which I assume means that the sorcerer will not be included at release. If they had made the stretch goal, it would probably have been part of the release.

That means that they probably have to figure out how to remove it before release and then just add it back in afterwards. ;)

That means that they probably have to figure out how to remove it before release and then just add it back in afterwards. ;)

Nah, that's what you do with paid DLC, not free DLC. :)

Thing about stretch goals is, the developer is basically pulling a number out of their ass. It's not like they can predict that adding feature X is going to cost exactly $5,000.

In the case of Solasta part of the expense of new classes is additional voice acting, which I suppose they can get a fairly accurate estimate in. But then there's also art and coding...

I seem to recall a quote from some developer that went something like "however long you think it will take to do something, double it, then double it again..." Even experienced developers tend to be bad at estimating how long it will take to implement something.

While I would've loved to see even more classes and races added, it's wise for them not to overpromise. Hopefully this will mean it isn't a buggy mess when it's released in a year or two.

Look at all the races you could have played in D&D 5e. Githyanki, lizardman, goliath, and kenku were added recently. Of course I have a lizardman monk going in a campaign right now but I can see why you can't do all these awesome races in a crpg.

Eerrrr, wish we had this kind of time and money, but no if we're releasing it as a free DLC that's mostly because we can't commit to having it ready at launch. What would be the point of removing it from the game? (Note: I'm from the Dev team of Solasta)

(...) (Note: I'm from the Dev team of Solasta)
Hey, salut Myzzrym! Something's bothering me since I played the demo (great prototype). It's about the camera always jumping on the higher level of the scene when you try to move a character under an elevation.

Have you played Fireaxis XCOMs? In those games, by default, the mouse wheel is used to choose at what level the cursor will be, and another key to zoom in/out the scene.
Dungeons verticality in Solasta is truly awesome but this camera pissed me off. That's all.

Congrats on the successfull KS and good continuation.

Hey, salut Myzzrym! Something's bothering me since I played the demo (great prototype). It's about the camera always jumping on the higher level of the scene when you try to move a character under an elevation.

Have you played Fireaxis XCOMs? In those games, by default, the mouse wheel is used to choose at what level the cursor will be, and another key to zoom in/out the scene.
Dungeons verticality in Solasta is truly awesome but this camera pissed me off. That's all.

Congrats on the successfull KS and good continuation.

Hey there Winterfart (guess your time is coming), the Camera is definitively one of the improvement point we're taking a look at - it's the hottest topic in the studio right now. Don't worry, we did play XCom. And many, MANY more tactical RPGs :p

Cheers man!

Back
Top Bottom