The TV Series discussion thread

Finished Dark, can't believe it's over. I really enjoyed the series; it was clear they structured the show from beginning to end. I'm a little sad it's over, but I don't know how they could continue from here. I think it was a fantastic ride.

Last edited:
Finished Dark, fan't believe it's over. I really enjoyed the series; it was clear they structured the show from beginning to end. I'm a little sad it's over, but I don't know how they could continue from here. I think it was a fantastic ride.

Oh, is the series over in a good way (i.e. not cancelled mid-way)?
If so, then I may start watching it.

Yeah, has Dark wrapped up? I actually like it when a good series knows when to bring it home.

Six Feet Under is an excellent series, and one that really provided quite the fitting finale. Lots of decent music in the show, as well. For all my griping about current telly woes, this one is a true gem....and maybe not truly current, but certainly not ancient.

Six Feet Under is an excellent series, and one that really provided quite the fitting finale. Lots of decent music in the show, as well. For all my griping about current telly woes, this one is a true gem….and maybe not truly current, but certainly not ancient.

yeah, I also remember loving the ending. The characters are very likeable. And Michael C. Hall shows a very similar character to Dexter. Or at least I see a lot of Dexter in him.

Just finished Warrior Nun a 10 episode Netflix series
and
Old Guard with Charlize Theron, a Netflix movie

Warrior Nun . . . . .was okay but the first 6 episodes were a waste of my time and in the end, they never really resolved the point of the main conflict in the first season. Stay tuned for season 2? The story deals with a recently deceased girl given a renewed life and ancient warrior powers. But she doesn't want them, she just wants to live life, fuck and get high because her previous 10 years were spent as a quadriplegic. Its possible to write a story that way . . . they didn't. I read that the comic book that the series was based on is good and actually portrays the church in a good light. But the comic book writers worked on the story and fiddled with it to make it good. They show runners need to do a lot more fiddling. Wait for season two, if you like the topic.

Old Guard . . . . .was kinda similar in story in that it dealt with people fighting evil(regular evil not supernatural) for many, many, many, many years (1000 +?). The Old Guard are basically warriors/soldiers with no super powers but cant be killed in battle. But since this was a movie, they got to the point quickly and had more compelling stories and characters in two hours than warrior nun in ten, Old Guard was far superior. Also, Charlize is a bad ass action star actor and has believable martial arts skills on the screen.

BTW, I love how Keana Reeves/John Wick, made it sensical and logical to make all kills with a shot to the head. They have a little fun with that idea in Old Guard.

Old guard is not series.
Based on a comic praised for it's visuals, we got a lazy adaptation barely bearable - can't recommend it.
Watch Ajin (anime, not movie, the movie is one random episode from anime) instead with similar idea but superior characters, exciting story, better music and the ultimate villain you've never seen before. Also availbale on Netflix.

Just started Jordskott (subtitled).
Watched the first episode last night. Hooked already.
There's just a hint of weird so far, but you can tell things are going to get much weirder…

Let us know how it pans out. Sounds like my kind of thing.

Starting watching Carnival Row. Not what I expected at all - in a good way. Hits close to home, given the current political climate.

I have found friends very useful when you feel down. and surprisingly it does not get tiresome after a while ! i mean I have couch watched friends like 4 or 5 times. it still is awesome.

A new alt, just in case?

An obvious bot. Doesn't answer on anything and is off topic - we have a few other "mood" related threads, none burried.

Tapped out on Dark for a while. Eight episodes and it's still just time travel paradoxes, '80s soundtracks while someone marvels at the fashion, and lots of sad interpersonal drama stuff. I was promised wild and weird and I haven't gotten it.

Moved on to Devs and enjoying that much more. Doom Patrol season 2 is probably next.

Grantchester is still a good watch, I miss the original lead but the stories and other cast are still well worth viewing.

A friend convinced me to try Stargirl out, and while I find the lead character annoying and obtuse to no end, some of the other characters and stories are intriguing. I'm only three episodes in, and I'll likely watch a few more before deciding whether to stay or pass.

Tapped out on Dark for a while. Eight episodes and it's still just time travel paradoxes, '80s soundtracks while someone marvels at the fashion, and lots of sad interpersonal drama stuff. I was promised wild and weird and I haven't gotten it.
After 8 episodes I certainly got "weird and wild", although I can understand your view. Fair enough, I guess this series wasn't for you…
Moved on to Devs and enjoying that much more. Doom Patrol season 2 is probably next.
… like Devs wasn't for me (possibly for personal reasons which I won't go into here).

Finished last episode of Dark today, and it' still one of the best series I've watched. (It has to be said though, that I don't watch many TV series).

a pibbur who thinks a world where everybody only liked what he liked would be a terrible place.

Back
Top Bottom