Two Worlds II - Spellcrafting Guide

Spellcrafting Guide? What I really want to see is for them to fully open up Eikronas to the single player campaign!

This may not be the proper forum to bring this up, but I'm a little dissapointed with Two Worlds 2. The largest of the islands is only a fraction playable for single player. I really feel that they mislead the fans. Also, there isnt a dynamic weather system in place!

I had high hopes that this was going to be THE RPG, but its been another let down...

Spellcrafting Guide? What I really want to see is for them to fully open up Eikronas to the single player campaign!

This may not be the proper forum to bring this up, but I'm a little dissapointed with Two Worlds 2. The largest of the islands is only a fraction playable for single player. I really feel that they mislead the fans. Also, there isnt a dynamic weather system in place!

I had high hopes that this was going to be THE RPG, but its been another let down…

I'm with you to.This game like most rpgs released in the last 2 months is another let down.

How did they mislead you? Did they say that the big island was fully open? A moderator already said the blocked off areas are for multiplayer. All of the crap on the official forums about the game being short is starting to sound like people skipping a lot of the content and mostly rushing through the main storyline. From what I understand about further chapters is that the enemies get more difficult which means the people that rushed through and are saying it is short probably cheated.

How did they mislead you? Did they say that the big island was fully open?

More importantly, did they say it wasnt? No they didnt. How could anyone suspect that like 50% of the game content shown on the map (which they loved showing and telling how it's 30% bigger than TW1) is MP only? I'm sorry but defending something like that is fu**ing retarded to say the least.

Like many people i've been following this game for some 2 years, and like many the big landmass to explore was what i was mostly looking forward to, and it turns out is smaller than TW1. Ofcourse it's disapointing.

I'm guessing you havent really been following this game at all. I see some newcomers on their forums trying to defend TopWare for this too, i don't think anyone of those has been following this game at all.

I'm still in chapter 1, doing quests around Hatmandor, level 26 -> 18 hours (savegame clock) - I think this matches at least 25 hours of real time.

This game is huuuuge, lots of quests and places to explore. Who cares about land mass - quest density is much more important than empty space.

I'm not that far into it, as I haven't had time lately, but I'm a little disappointed with how linear it is so far. I feel like I'm mostly railroaded from one location they want me to visit to the next, kind of like Risen.

That said, I am enjoying the game as a whole. I also enjoyed Risen. :p

But I wish both were more open. I'm also kind of sick of the island layouts. :p

Islands would be so much more fun if you could dive and actually swim to places, make use of the water better.. TW2 indeed feels quite restricted, the drowning and teleported back doesnt belong at all, at least not so frequent as it happened to me when i tried to explore.

I do agree that there are many quests, i can't understand people who finished it in 20h. I'm 13h and on chapter1, will continue playing after the patch (which is now confirmed) i guess..

And i would disagree that the game is "huuuuge" ;) it's smaller than TW1 or Oblivion, and they arent really huge..

Btw, one factor in the low time estimates seems to be that the game doesn't count time spent in menus. In a game like this, with all the crafting, spells, alchemy, etc., menu time can add up.

bemushroomed said:
And i would disagree that the game is "huuuuge" it's smaller than TW1 or Oblivion, and they arent really huge..

You are measuring the square metres of the game, I am measuring the number of things to to in a game.

Look for example at Baldurs Gate 1, it felt like there were more quests in the final city (Baldurs Gate) than in the rest of the game. I enjoyed the city, the rest of the game was a bit empty in comparison.

It's a matter of taste: Do you like exploring or questing -> For me a good game must have a good mix of both.

The Eikronas thing does seem to be a bit of a cop-out - miscommunication or otherwise - especially to people like me who are tired of the kiddies and weirdos and morons who ruin a lot of online gaming.

I'll take density x size over size alone anyday. :) Oblivion was a LOT of empty space and samey dungeons…
Sounds like someone needs to try out Nehrim … I cannot reccomend it enough to anyone who enjoys exploration and action-rpg stuff ;)

Yah know... I AM tempted. Just got a huge backlog of umnplayed titles. I REALLY liked the Lost Spires quest mod, though, which I felt was far better than the original.

The one thing the developers really did wrong here is showing the huge island on the map at all. It should only be visible on the map if you are playing MP.

Anyway, glad to see a spell crafting guide. Spell crafting is quite interesting in TW2.

They need to show the island since part of the island is for SP and I think the ending takes place there.

Personally, I found the quest / discovery density too low so I've put it aside for now. Another big, empty landmass seems pointless to worry about to me.

Would be kind of "unrealistic" and even tedious if you find a damsel in distress in every corner or behind every tree. I think you're missing the whole point with exploring, finding areas that arent really that "interesting" more than maybe some enemies and just watching the scenery is a part of that. Exploring is also climbing/swiming and overcoming other obstacles to get from point A to B.

Personally i love taking a walk in the woods (yes, in real life) for example, i dont do that for the quests (lol) i do if because i love watching the scenery and i bit for the exploring i guess.

"Exploring" is pointless, IMO, if you don't find something. I have no interest in swimming and climbing just for the sake of it and scenery on its own has limited appeal. It doesn't have to be a quest - it can be a hidden stash or whatever. Unfortunately, large parts of 2W2 are simply space filled with animals. There's nothing creative about that. Anyone can design a landscape simulator and full it with random critters.

I'm sure I've missed stuff but I'll save it for when I've already played the better games I've got waiting.

Personally, I found the quest / discovery density too low so I've put it aside for now. Another big, empty landmass seems pointless to worry about to me.
The quest density is pretty high… I have 59 quest lines in my Chapter I journal. The way quests are generally only spawned on acceptance makes exploring the wilderness really just about scenery and combat as far as I can see though. I think it's great so far, largely because of the number and quality of quests. There's a combination of breadth, depth and quality that I'm really enjoying. ARPG fans should not miss out on this IMO, as far as I can tell from 30 hours or more.

Edit: Did we post at the same time there or did I just miss your last post? Sorry :)

Edit2: Actually now I come to think of it… exploration is not just about scenery, combat and alchemy ingredients, you also need to find 'quest givers'. In the early stages around Bayan, you start more or less next to the quest giver that moves things forward, but once you're through that stage you need to explore to find the towns, guilds etc.

Last edited:
Here's the map showing what's available (or not):

c6t6-l.jpg

Black = unused
Red=SP
Blue=MP

(taken from the official forum)

How anyone can defend this is beyond me. Would Bethesda get away with this if they hyped FO or TES in the same way, showing a large map telling everyone how big the landmass is etc and then only a fraction of that map can be explored? No one would be upset or disapointed?

Back
Top Bottom