Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - Update 0.5

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem got a new update:

Update 0.5 : New world map, new quests, new monsters and more!

Hi everyone!

Update 0.5 is finally here! It may have taken a few late nights, but the team pulled it off and we are very excited to reveal our new world map and questline!

The new world map is much bigger and denser than the old one, and yet only represent less than a quarter of the final version of map! There’s new environments to explore, new monsters to kill, and other surprises!

3 new randomly generated dungeon architecture have been added, which adds more variety to dungeon layouts. The new questline covers most of Act1 of the game, and will give you a preview of the lore and story of Wolcen. We will periodically add more content to Act 1, including side quests, treasure and optional bosses. You can now listen to the Main Theme of the game while in the main menu. This will give you a glimpse of the new original soundtrack being composed for Wolcen.

A fog-of-war now hides parts of the minimap that haven’t been explored yet. This will further help with orientation in dungeons. All minimap icons have been redone and new icons have been added too.

We are aware that there might be some performance issues, and optimization will be a big focus for the next updates. You can get the game at a discount during the Steam summer sale. Now is the perfect time to jump in!

There’s a lot more detail in the update’s changelog, so peruse at your leisure! Have fun!

Wolcen Studio
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

This lost all of its momentum, really.

I respectfully disagree :)

They don't need to rush. Every time a developer does that, we (the players) are the first ones to complain "they could have taken their time to squash some bugs, to polish this, to implement that, etc"

By the time it launches no one will care.

Even nobody cares, this doesn't mean they need to rush things. If they release this game and it turns into a mess of bugs and poor gameplay, how can they expect to get funded for their next game?

What is the draw to this game? I mean, what are some key features that set it apart from other games like it?

I'll be 100% blunt, in that when I first saw this game announced, I really only saw a huge focus on graphics and not much else. In fact, I haven't followed the game at all, even when it first released, yet I still remember it used the Crytek Engine, i.e. a very graphics-focused engine, because that seemed to be the really big deal about this game at the time.

Anyone who watched this closer than I, are there any unique elements here that are going to make it a long-lasting, worthwhile Action RPG?

Not saying they should rush, but that they went public a little too early. Especially when taking into consideration their working pace which is that of a Galapagos turtle.

Anyone who watched this closer than I, are there any unique elements here that are going to make it a long-lasting, worthwhile Action RPG?

I don't think so. What drew me initially, when it was called Umbra, were the top notch particle effects and some authentic abilities.

I respectfully disagree :)

They don't need to rush. Every time a developer does that, we (the players) are the first ones to complain "they could have taken their time to squash some bugs, to polish this, to implement that, etc"

I agree.

Crate took it's time with Grim Dawn, look how that turned out ;)

Back
Top Bottom