What games are you playing now?

HL gloves in Death Stranding are unbelievably good and thus a musthave.
PC audience got a better game.
The rest of easter egg stuff is irrelevant though.

BB in Cyberpunk is just cosmetics, I wish we could plug it in and use somehow in some sidequest.
But how did this happen between unconnected projects? I would have liked to have played that dlc from the video, but I assume it never came to the pc version of FFXV.
No, the crossover timed event was over before the PC version got released. By that time all "goodies" got removed from both games.
However two years later Ubi decided to reactivate it in Origins. Maybe Square Enix does it too in the future, but by that time FF15 will be forgotten.

Last edited:
Disco Elysium

I'm having love/hate relationshio with it. Very intriguing but depressing plot and a most pathetic protagonist ever (but keen on finding out more about him).

Disco Elysium

I'm having love/hate relationshio with it. Very intriguing but depressing plot and a most pathetic protagonist ever (but keen on finding out more about him).
You're not waiting for the Final Cut update with full voice acting? It should be released in March, so not too far.

I've only played a little bit, out of curiosity, but it was... slightly disturbing. Please let us know what you think when you've completed it! :)

You're not waiting for the Final Cut update with full voice acting? It should be released in March, so not too far.

I've only played a little bit, out of curiosity, but it was… slightly disturbing. Please let us know what you think when you've completed it! :)

I actually don't like full voice acting. In addition, the game is quite depressing so I'm trying to finish it before I go back to work (I don't think I can handle both work + this game at the same time lol).

I actually don't like full voice acting. In addition, the game is quite depressing so I'm trying to finish it before I go back to work (I don't think I can handle both work + this game at the same time lol).
I can't wait to play it ;)

Yes, I know perfectly what you mean by the work + some game bit.

The game is online so what I like best: D In short, humanity conquers the galaxy, you start out as the captain of a small ship and slowly your forces grow. The game is quite time consuming and very realistic at the same time, e.g. battles last several days there xD If you are sitting at home and you are bored - the game is perfect for you

Probably. The forum engine obviously removed some link.

To celebrate the upcoming 2021, I replayed Pathologic 2 (PS4, also on PC)

For the uninitiated: this is a totally depressing artsy-fartsy mood piece game. Technically, it is an adventure game cum survival simulator, set in a fictional east-european village, where Weird Things Happen. (I mean: David Lynch Weird).
The mood it absolutely bleak. Seriously, IF YOU HAVE MENTAL ISSUES, DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME. The game is impossible to win by design, as each ending is a
sacrifice.
The game does not hold your hand, very hard and full of choices and consequences. Thus, the ending is a direct resolution of YOUR actions -- emphasizing the dread even more.

Why play this?
Because Pathologic 2 is a masterclass in atmosphere and world building, and a shining example of indie stubbornness done right: have an strong idea, stick to it and make it work.
Also, it is a very fine intelligent adult entertainment: it's not about the "good ending", or "being the best", it is a careful study of the human nature. If 2021 is going to be the Bigger Badder Sequel of 2020, Pathologic 2 will surely teach you how to survive :)

It's great, but only for the aficionado.

It's been in my backlog where I've been eyeing it cautiously. I even backed the KS for the remake (it's actually a remake of the first game, not a second "new" game for those who're not aware), but was waiting for them to "complete" it. AFAIK there's only 1 character available in 2, where there were 3 in 1.
Been a while since I saw any updates on it, though.

You recommend it then, I take?

... I even backed the KS for the remake ... AFAIK there's only 1 character available in 2, where there were 3 in 1.
You recommend it then, I take?

Since you know what to expect, YES, I strongly recommend it. The original had potential, but was very clunky (translation, etc). This one is much more polished, it even has a difficulty setting! :)
As for the characters: there is a DLC for a new character, and two more are planned. The DLC is a self-contained story though, so it works a bit different than the original's character selection.

I'm on the 4th mission of Death of the Outsider. Finished the bank heist mission with no detection and no kills. Fantastic level. At one point I was afraid I couldnt't do it without killing anyone, since I found no way of lowerin the vault without raising the alarm. But the solution was staring me right in my face. :D

Loving Death of the Outsider so far. But, mission 4 reuses the Conservatory level from Dishonored 2. That's good in a way, since it's familiar, but it's also not new. Anyways, at least I'm not fighting Delilah's witches anymore. Really hated those.

Lol, just realized I had left DOS2 running for like 3 days. That'll pump up the hours played :D

Since I finished Death of the Outsider, and am thinking of keeping it on a stealth roll, I'm gonna re-try Hitman 2. Hard to point out why this series is hard for me to get into. Maybe it's because it's mostly systems and gameplay, and very little narrative context. Aside from simple window dressing.

Since I finished Death of the Outsider, and am thinking of keeping it on a stealth roll, I'm gonna re-try Hitman 2. Hard to point out why this series is hard for me to get into. Maybe it's because it's mostly systems and gameplay, and very little narrative context. Aside from simple window dressing.

It's an interesting series to get in the right mindset for. For me there's enough narrative, so to speak, mostly in the form of the different conversations you can overhear. The issue is more that it's a puzzle game wrapped in an action game veneer. I can't think of another game that looks like it and has the sort of controls it does that plays anything like it. It's also both super easy and very challenging. If your only goal is kill the targets and get out, it's almost insipidly easy. But again it's a puzzle box, and killing the targets in different ways are like increasingly difficult ways to solve that puzzle.

It's an interesting series to get in the right mindset for. For me there's enough narrative, so to speak, mostly in the form of the different conversations you can overhear. The issue is more that it's a puzzle game wrapped in an action game veneer. I can't think of another game that looks like it and has the sort of controls it does that plays anything like it. It's also both super easy and very challenging. If your only goal is kill the targets and get out, it's almost insipidly easy. But again it's a puzzle box, and killing the targets in different ways are like increasingly difficult ways to solve that puzzle.

Yeah, I agree. Seems there was an update even to the training missions, from last time I logged in. Now there are some escalation missions where I can't save, and with increasingly complicated objectives. Pretty difficult, but also fun.

Did you try the Thief-Reboot (2014)? I didn't like it as much as Dishonored but it is fun in its own way and has a more demanding stealth mechanic. Also I like the third thief (deadly Shadows from 2004), in particular the orphanage level is very special and fun (similarly eerie as the Hotel-Level from Vampire Bloodlines). I assume, of course, that you played Thief 1 and 2.

Last edited:
Did you try the Thief-Reboot (2014)? I didn't like t as much as Dishonored but it is fun in its own way and has a more demanding stealth mechanic. Also I like the third thief (deadly Shadows from 2004), in particular the orphanage level is very special and fun (similarly eerie as the Hotel-Level from Vampire Bloodlines). I assume, of course, that you played Thief 1 and 2.

I think I tried the reboot for a bit, but it didn't stick. I think I also tried all classic Thief games at one point, but their age must've turned me off. Or maybe I was too young and unpatient to appreciate them back then.

Back
Top Bottom