Ubisoft - Trailer Announces Might and Magic X

Trailer certainly looked much better than I would have expected.

Who's the developer again?

I certainly didn't see that one coming!

Now all I need to know in order to get fairly hyped is:
- Will there be a "Fly" spell?
- Can we swap between TB and RT combat like in MM6-8?

If both are a yes, consider me excited.

the trailer looks promising indeed.but i'm a little bit worried about this "new rules" at the end of it.i don't have a problem with games evolving but the last years "new rules" usually means simplified in order to be more appealing to a larger crowd.in any case if the elements that made M&M famous like the large variety of items,promotion quests,no lvl cap etc are here too than this can be a really good game and a very nice surprise for all of the old fans.

That trailer almost gave me chills. Dear God, I hope the game is really like it is represented in the trailer!

The webpage is up and there are currently 3 screenshots which look pretty lovely!

The screenshots are devoid of UI elements though.

Attachments

• MMX-Legacy_An idyllic place...to die_88215.jpg
    MMX-Legacy_An idyllic place...to die_88215.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 88
  • MMX-Legacy_Be prepared to meet the locals_88211.jpg
    MMX-Legacy_Be prepared to meet the locals_88211.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 86
  • MMX-Legacy_Get_Ready to explore new lands and dungeons!_88213.jpg
    MMX-Legacy_Get_Ready to explore new lands and dungeons!_88213.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
The webpage is up and there are currently 3 screenshots which look pretty lovely!

The screenshots are devoid of UI elements though.

Agree - all the artwork shown so far looks outstanding for this kind of game with just the right balance between realism and painterly styles. And it's quite reminiscent of earlier M&Ms too.

Back when I was originally playing Ultima 7 Serpent's Isle I was never able to finish it because I always ran into a bug that prevented me from continuing the game after a certain point. I was never able to get any further until modern times with Exult.

PS. I hope this is half as good and M&M 3-5 since at that it would make it one of my most favorite games of all time. I just wish they would have done this a few years ago and put Arkane on it.

It's been awhile since i played MM6 and MM7, so i may not remember. But, those games weren't step rpg's were they? I didn't think they were.

Welp, when it rains, it pours. Where were you old-school games hiding the last 10 years?

The Might & Magic games from 6 on weren't step based games and instead were free roaming with both Turn-Based and Realtime combat systems.

To a degree 'old school' is a bit over done this year. I worry it might become over saturated. Having said this I wouldn't mind an updated wizardry 8.

Might and Magic 2 is also my favorite. I played it for like a full year. Still have the book and disks for M&M1. The graph paper is in my closet somewhere :). I am off to the Inner Sanctum.

The Might & Magic games from 6 on weren't step based games and instead were free roaming with both Turn-Based and Realtime combat systems.

Thanks for clarifying. That's what i thought.

To a degree 'old school' is a bit over done this year. I worry it might become over saturated. Having said this I wouldn't mind an updated wizardry 8.

To a large extent what is meant by "old school" is just a return to more strategic, less action oriented gameplay. There will still be enough ARPGs, FPSs, platformers and somewhat interactive movies, to keep fans of those genres happy, I reckon.

totally did not see this coming. great news!

Watched trailer....must resist hopefulness....lower expectations....BOOM!

Crap. I think I broke something.

For those wanting to cap their enthusiasm, just remember that we've heard a very similar pitch before--that game was called MM9.

I worry that the game will crumble under the expectations. Think of how long MM6 and MM7 were. For that matter, by today's standards MM8 would be considered a long game. Assuming that Ubi and Limbic don't screw up the gameplay formula too badly (not a sure bet by any means), what are the odds that they also give us a coherent 60-80 hours of content?

High hopes and all, but there's just so many ways for them to screw this up.

I certainly didn't see that one coming!

Now all I need to know in order to get fairly hyped is:
- Will there be a "Fly" spell?
- Can we swap between TB and RT combat like in MM6-8?

If both are a yes, consider me excited.

I'm with you Maylander, but if it is step-based I don't see a fly spell forthcoming. But I'm still excited and maybe the next Might & Magic game will be like mm6-8. And considering there was "NO" Might and Magic game on the horizon as little as 3 days ago . . . consider me stunned.

Back
Top Bottom