Pre-Thief - Dark Camelot Footage

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Rock Paper Shotgun has an article that shows the original concept behind the Thief series. The former Looking Glass Video Director Josh Randall unearthed a VHS of his unseen work, and uploaded it on Youtube
Thief was previously an RPG set in Camelot, built in the Stargate Engine. You would’ve played as Mordred, fighting a despotic Arthur. Merlin was a psychopath and the knights hired muscle. Not ridiculous enough? Your goal was to unearth the truth about the Holy Grail.

More information.

Last edited:
Don't think I would have preferred it to Thief, but does sound interesting. Can't be a worse take on Arthurian legends than half the mainstream stuff out there (Merlin TV show for example...)

Cool! Makes me feel old, though, seeing how ugly those graphics are and thinking it doesn't seem like that long ago...

Don't think I would have preferred it to Thief, but does sound interesting. Can't be a worse take on Arthurian legends than half the mainstream stuff out there (Merlin TV show for example…)

Yeah, that show is pretty crap. Seems kinda like a soap opera about some delusional nerds in high school who think they're heroes of Arthurian legend. I keep expecting Lord British to show up and start making pronouncements about his next game.

Back
Top Bottom