What games are you playing now?

@SirJames;Encumbrance Exploit PC
If you quickly equip and unequip a pocketed piece of armor your weight will drop into the negatives after a minute or so. Once that happens your encumbrance goes away. It's an exploit and will likely get patched out, but it works for now. So say you have a pocketed leather chest piece: just click on it like mad and you can press the space bar too for double the fun. This is a pc bug, not sure if it works on the consoles. If you log off, you'll have to redo the exploit, but it's good for your whole session. I've had over 700 pounds of stuff and was still able to sprint.

Also, if a vendor has zero caps, just move tabs between all to just ammo or armor, etc. They will get their allotment of 200 caps.

@crpgnut; Good tips! I wouldn't feel even remotely bad about using that exploit. I hope they leave it in. Sounds like the best feature of the game. =)

Sounds interesting. I just purchased NWN:EE during the Black Friday sale, so maybe I'll check out that server. Are there custom Greyhawk-specific monsters, etc, or does it just use existing assets?

They use the latest CEP and a single small override file. Besides having lots of creature variants, eg many different types of orcs, goblins, kobolds etc, I'm not sure if there are any specific to WoG. There's lots of WoG lore, religions etc and most of the adventure areas are based off old D&D modules....

The Village of Hommlet: Levels 1-4
Temple of Elemental Evil: 4-12
Ruskis & Pirate Skullduggery: 1-4
Borderkeep: Last Bastion Against the Pomarj: 2-10
Ghost Tower of Inverness: 7-11
Against the Giants: Intended from about 8th level through mid-Epic
Cult of the Dragon: 8th into Epic
The Marklands (The Great Northern Crusade): 14th through mid Epic
White Plume Mountain: 14th into Epic
Rary the Traitor: Epic and Beyond
Queen of the Demon Web Pits: Epic and Beyond
Undermountain: 5 into Epic

You can check out a slightly older version of the PW offline here if you like...

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/raines-world-greyhawk

Started playing Assassins Creed Odyssey and X4 Foundations.

Depending on the mood, I currently play Tower of Time or Saints Row IV (the peak of RPGness, let me tell you :p).

Depending on the mood, I currently play Tower of Time or Saints Row IV (the peak of RPGness, let me tell you :p).
Well it's not "What RPG games are you playing now?" so no foul I say.:lol:

I'm currently going between Legend of Grimrock II and Dragon's Dogma. They're both a breath of fresh air after BT4. Especially Dragon's Dogma, what a fun game! (though I understand it ultimately gets quite grindy?)

Starting Titan Quest (the refurbished awesomesauce edition) this week in our weekly LAN co-op session. I've never played with the expansion, so looking forward to it.

Just about to go back into playing Pillars 2...had put 15 hours into it with a few restarts.

Might hold off for for a week more until Christmas holidays starts.

I'm still playing Disgaea the fifth, I've been playing it now for several weeks and I'm still not through the main story. The prior two games that I played also had a lot of content that opens after you complete the story line, so at this rate I might be playing the game into Christmas.

Octopath Traveler. I'm really intrigued by it so far. I chose Ophilia as my origin character, and I'm appreciating her story so far. I had tears within the first 20 minutes or so. Combat is remarkably satisfying.

And the music, oh my, the music is phenomenal.

Getting a little exhausted with Pathfinder Kingmaker. Awaiting the 11/12 patch for FO76.

Playing a little War in the North - which is one of the best LotR games out there. Aside from that, I'm mostly focusing on developing my game.

Still playing mutant zero; 11 hours in - they say it is around 20 hours so i'm probably a little over 1/2 way. It is a lot of fun with decent progression but there are a few little things I would change. One concern is replay value is very low as everything is hand placed (or sold I'm told). Exploration really has benefit as there is lots of hidden loot and the game is tightly balanced so finding those few extra scraps or items really help...

Getting a little exhausted with Pathfinder Kingmaker. Awaiting the 11/12 patch for FO76.

Playing a little War in the North - which is one of the best LotR games out there. Aside from that, I'm mostly focusing on developing my game.
Bug-o-rama, bug-o-rama, neverheard, vaporware. :evilgrin:

Masochism kicked in? :p

I believe it has been about two months since I took my break from Pathfinder, but now I'll likely wait for all the additional content to be available as well before I return to the game.

Finished Firewatch. A nice little story-based game. Although they call it more an 'experience', which is correct as there is not really a clear story. Sure there is some mystery and events, but it is mostly about the chatter with the girl in the other watchtower and figuring out your own life. Puzzles are basically non-existent, no combat. The atmosphere is great.

I finished it in about 3 hours, about the time it requires most of us to exit the character creation screen. ;) I did enjoy it, but can't stop to wonder how much better it could be with some real puzzle solving, story and mysteries to solve.

Started rise of the tomb raider. I'm about 2 hours in and it ticks all the right boxes for me. It has been some time since I looked this forward to playing a game. I still like deus ex more because of the extra depth it has, but RoTtr really looks nice.

Speaking of, I have an intel i5 + ati r9 280 with 3gb ram (equivalent to a nvidia gtx 760/960). From all accounts I should be able to play it in high. While it is okay in the beginning of the game and the caves (not buttery smooth but really good), it really starts to chugs in the open soviet region. There is a video on youtube with the r9 280 on youtube which really is very fluid and he uses even higher settings than me.

From what I gather from around the internet I'm probably cpu bound, so I was wondering if directx 12 might solve it for me? I do have windows 8, so I would have to upgrade to windows 10 and that would be a lot of 'work' if it does not change anything.

Blizzard, Blizzard scandal everywhere.
So it is perfect time to play The Lost Vikings on my trusty SNES.
(btw: original cartridge with box and manual!)

Back
Top Bottom