Things you don't need to know...

The Pink Floyd tune Carefulm with that axe Eugene:

1. was rerecorded for the movie Zabriskie Point as "Come in Number 51, Your Time Is Up", a quote from the Beatle's "A hard days night" movie.
  2. is referenced in among otheres the following tunes:
    • The Damned: "Nasty" ("Careful with that axe you meanie")
    • Rumah Sakit: "Careful with that fax machine"
    • Dream Theater: "Octavarium", part of the lyrics is made of song titles.
  3. is referenced in the following computer games
    • Revenge Of The Mutant Camels by Llavasoft. One of the levels bears the title.
    • Divinity II: Ego Draconis where there's a suitably name npc carrying an axe.
    • I also wonder if the gun named "Eugene" in Fallout 3 is a hidden reference.
  4. The scream in the tune can be heard in several other Pink Floyd tracks, like "Another Brick in the Wall 2" and "Run Like Hell".
  5. is the name I've given my Fender Stratocaster. A bit - no, VERY - predictable. I just thought you wouldn't want to know that.
  6. is normally written without an 'm' in the word "Careful".

says pibbur who think CWTAE is one of his favourite songs

Thank you very much, that is just what I wanted to know…:p

1. Royalty!
The Swedish princess Victoria is pregnant. We knew that.
The Norwegian princess Mette-Marit has 3 children. We knew that.
Said Norwegian princess has offered advice to the Swedish one. About motherhood and things related to that. According to selected, brightly coloured, Norwegian news media. WOW! Didn't see that coming.

2. The meaning of WOW!
There are 11.099.999 subscribers to World of Warcraft. Pibbur has decided to stop. Therefore he will from now on only use the phrase "wow" in non World-of-warcraft-related terms.

Says pibbur who by 2) expects his street credibility to raise from zero to … something slightly above zero.

Don't forget the Danish Princess, who is really Australian!! :)

I think she enjoys Cricket too!! :D

AFAIK from looking at (only) the front page of the brightly coloured magazine, the Danish-wannabe princess hasn't offered any motherhood advice to her royal Swedish highness.

BTW: Assuming they were discussing children and what to do with them, this incident was Bechdel-compliant.

says pibbur who originally wrote "Danish-wannabe princess hasn't offered any motherhood device" which is completely different.

At least one of those is out of date (Saints won the Super Bowl 2 years ago, breaking the dome team curse), Ye of Multiple Names.

And, for a change, here are a couple of things which pibbur won't tell you:

The mushroom Psilocybe pelliculosa (pictured) resembles P. washingtonensis so closely that a microscope is needed to reliably distinguish between them.

And for the record, both of them resembles things found in Skyrim.

On the same note: There are (according to some botanists) more than 10000 recorded species of Hawkweed (Hieracium), separating between them often requires chromosome analysis.

says pibbur who regrets that none of them are named after him

... That DDO contains a "hint" towards the music group called "Manfred Mann's Earth Band" ...

… That DDO contains a "hint" towards the music group called "Manfred Mann's Earth Band" …

Could you be more specific?

says pibbur who although not blinded by anything has almost every album released by said Earth band.

There is a quest where a bandit cries out something like : "Be in awe of the mighty Quinn !" ;)

He then releases a few dogs for defending the bandit' hideout.

After he and his dogs are defeated, he says : "Maybe I should just lay down", something like that.

It's all in my own language, so I don't know what the exact wording is, but he indeed calles himself the "mighty Quinn" ! ;)

My parents were huge fans of this band in the 70s, so I at least know something of the music. ;)

I have even seen the band live : That was sometime … in the last decade, I think … I don't quite remember that anymore …

... 'Mighty Quinn' was Bob Dylan's nod at a movie starring Anthony Quinn as an Eskimo.

… 'Mighty Quinn' was Bob Dylan's nod at a movie starring Anthony Quinn as an Eskimo.

I consider this relevant information. Therefore.. IT DOESN'T BELONG HERE!!

pibbur who already regrets posting this

Hehe. I made you ANGRY, and ANGRY is GOOD!

Eskimos have not the full complement of teeth like other peoples do, as a contributed part of irrelevant imnformation from my side.

And I doubt that Mr. Dylan would have made this song sound like Manfred Mann did, that's why people rather remember Manfred Mann' versions, and not Mr. Dylan's.

According to Wikipedia, the sparrow's-egg lady's-slipper (pictured) is a lady's slipper orchid that resembles a sparrow's egg?

says pibbur who among things he doesn't need to know includes those hibernating in the Antarctic.

We're running out of butter in Norway. Butter made from milk, that is. Not margarine.

The reason
1. Somewhat low production of milk.
2. Significant increase in demand, because a significant number of Norwegians are hooked on low-carbohydrateish diet.

Here's BBC

WE CAN'T MAKE CHRISTMAS COOKIES BECAUSE OF THIS! European fincance troubles pale compared to this.

pibbur who actually doesn't care because he doesn't use butter.

Back
Top Bottom