ATOM RPG - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
After one year in Early Access the postapocalyptic ATOM RPG has now been released on Steam:

Greetings, friends!

It's time to make a very important announcement! After a year of work spent in Early Access we can finally name the release date for ATOM RPG! It's going to be the 19th of december, 2018, when we'll finish polishing the game mechanics, testing of new content, error fixing, and will finalize the main questline of the game.

The fact that we're releasing the game, though, does not mean that we're stopping development. ATOM is still going to receive a lot of free additional content way after the release date.

Now, a quick summary of the things you'll be getting in 1.0:

• We added a third global map that was needed to finish the game's main storyline. It's a place called the "Dead city" - a forgotten, mutant-ridden metropolis that was destroyed by nuclear warheads. After this place was finished, we loved it so much, we're currently planning on expanding it in future updates! Hope you'll enjoy it too!
  • We added new NPCs and quests.
  • An ability to roam the Wastes in a car of your own!
  • New dungeons including an experimental-AI-run secret Bunker.
  • New traits available on character creation.
  • New cinematic that will show off how you impacted the Wasteland.
And last, but not least... As we the developers, and you, the players, already know, this game we dreamt of creating for all those years, would never be possible without your trust. This is why we decided to add a bonus "veteran's kit" for all who bought and played ATOM while it was still Early Access. Thank you for believing in us.

Now then, we're off to make the final preparations. Feel free to ask any questions.

Let there be ATOM!
More information.

Is somebody here playing this game? Care to share some impressions?

Got it, but not played yet. I guess I will wait until they fleshed out the last area completely.

Sponsored it and really looking forward to playing this one, but I'm going to let it go through the growing pains first. Then, when all the dust has settled down, I'll be there for a long, glorious visit.

Sponsored it and really looking forward to playing this one, but I'm going to let it go through the growing pains first. Then, when all the dust has settled down, I'll be there for a long, glorious visit.
It's a weird cycle isn't? o_O

1. Fund game
2. Early Access
3. Game gets full release
4. Don't play it yet
5. Wait a year or two for countless patches & DLC's
6. Repeat for every new game

Don't see this ending anytime soon either.:(

Last edited:
It's a weird cycle isn't? o_O

1. Fund game
2. Early Access
3. Game gets full release
4. Don't play it yet
5. Wait a year or two for countless patches and & DLC's
6. Repeat for every new game

Don't see this ending anytime soon either.:(

Well, I start at step 4. Don't play it yet, 5.wait for the full game after patching and extras, wait for spring/summer/fall/winter sale and pick it up for a couple bucks, 6. Repeat.

Well, I start at step 4. Don't play it yet, 5.wait for the full game after patching and extras, wait for spring/summer/fall/winter sale and pick it up for a couple bucks, 6. Repeat.
Ah so I take it you're not a crowdfunding supporter then? Anyway I could change it to apply to every new game nowadays. As 30 or more patches is normal nowadays.:nod:

Last edited:
Ah so I take it you're not a crowdfunding supporter then? Anyway I could change it to apply to every new gmae nowadays also. As 30 or more patches is normal nowadays.:nod:

Obviously, not Bethesda. Just let the eventual modders fix it ;)

Is somebody here playing this game? Care to share some impressions?

Haven't started yet since the update didn't come in until late last night. However, I plan to start playing later today. I did do 17 hours when it was in early beta and liked it a lot back then.

Time to reinstall this one then, awesome. Will try it out soon.

I'm actually quite ok with the cycle/process. Since I replay many older games, it works well for me, I have the title written down on a piece of paper nearby and when I finish a classic game or two, then I move on to the one that has had four to six months' worth of patches applied. I've truly learned my lesson this year with attempting to play new games the same week that they launch.

Been playing it for 10 hours straight. It's basically Fallout 1/2 in a modern engine. The UI, combat, skills, progression, everything is the same (even the awful inventory). There are a lot of easter eggs and pop cultural references. The writing is pretty good. Same goes for atmosphere (the world is truly dog eat dog kind). characters and side quests (like exorcising a demon out of an old dude and putting it in a pig) are interesting. There is a strong emphasis on black humour and often breaking the fourth wall. Speech skill is definitely getting some love as you can talk your way out of basically everything. So far, having a blast. Just don't go in expecting something revolutionary.

Been playing it for 10 hours straight. It's basically Fallout 1/2 in a modern engine. The UI, combat, skills, progression, everything is the same (even the awful inventory). There are a lot of easter eggs and pop cultural references. The writing is pretty good. Same goes for atmosphere (the world is truly dog eat dog kind). characters and side quests (like exorcising a demon out of an old dude and putting it in a pig) are interesting. There is a strong emphasis on black humour and often breaking the fourth wall. Speech skill is definitely getting some love as you can talk your way out of basically everything. So far, having a blast. Just don't go in expecting something revolutionary.

Compared to the latest Fallout, what you describe *is* revolutionary. :lol:

Hoping to put out a full review by the end of next week

I'm actually quite ok with the cycle/process. Since I replay many older games, it works well for me, I have the title written down on a piece of paper nearby and when I finish a classic game or two, then I move on to the one that has had four to six months' worth of patches applied. I've truly learned my lesson this year with attempting to play new games the same week that they launch.

Yeah, the Steam wishlist is handy for that. Just wait until they notify you about a sale, a year or two down the road.

I guess that's it for sales for this game then. Probably couldn't have taken a worse release date.

Back
Top Bottom