KoA: Re-Reckoning - 60% Off for existing owners & Sorcery Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning has a trailer showing sorcery. Additionally the game will be 60% off if you are an existing owner on Steam.

You prefer to destroy your opponents with raw magic rather than through crude or mundane methods? With Sorcery, you will devote yourself to the Arcane and a mastery of elemental forces.
[...]

Okay so lets talk about what happens for already owners.
We have chosen to do a 50% discount on steam digital copies for both versions of the game for people that already own the game on that platform.

This means
Standard edition will be 50% for people that owns

But also the FATE EDITION that INCLUDES the new expansion set to release in 2021 will also be 50% off for people that already own the old game.

Ow and btw guys it stack with the 10% launch discount, so 60% on BOTH The remaster and the remaster + new expansion!

This will run for 2 months after release! so until November!
More information.

Interesting that they're doing a new expansion as well - I missed that announcement.

Is KoA one of the EA published titles that was recently brought to Steam along with DA:I, ME3, etc, or has it always been on Steam?

Is KoA one of the EA published titles that was recently brought to Steam along with DA:I, ME3, etc, or has it always been on Steam?
No EA doesn't own the Ip anymore. It's THQ Nordic now.:)

Like said above the EA version was available on Steam for years.

Last edited:
I liked the game back in the day... but I tried to play it some years later and encountered a bug that broke the main quest...
I saw a streamer playing it, looks like a re-release more then a remaster.

I'll probably give this a blast.

I quite enjoyed part of the original, it just had to be played in a certain way to get the most out of it. If this has fixed some of those issues (difficulty being a major one) there could be some real fun to be had.

This was a game I enjoyed for a bit but after a certain point I did not have the desire to continue.

Will the profits go to pay back the tax payers of Rhode Island? :biggrin:

Will the profits go to pay back the tax payers of Rhode Island? :biggrin:
Ha I still remember reading those articles about the court case.

The Rhode Island governor was so sure the game would be a success.:lol:

My guess would be no as THQ Nordic has no obligation to do so.

Ha I still remember reading those articles about the court case.

The Rhode Island governor was so sure the game would be a success.:lol:

My guess would be no as THQ Nordic has no obligation to do so.

They could have spent it on worse things. At least this waste of money employed a bunch of people for an extended period of time.

They could have spent it on worse things. At least this waste of money employed a bunch of people for an extended period of time.

True, but if I remember it right, there was just so much waste of money and a lot of friends and family was hired. Maybe baseball players should stick to baseball ;)

With the embargo lifted, I can say that there's no need to purchase the game now on PC if you already own it. The rebalancing is nice but it doesn't look that much different and the awful console UI is still in place

I've been both to the developer's page and the steam page for this game and I can't find a FAQ or bullet point list describing the improvements. The advertising for this game is essentially how the game was originally advertised. Can't see a reason to pay for this.

I've been both to the developer's page and the steam page for this game and I can't find a FAQ or bullet point list describing the improvements. The advertising for this game is essentially how the game was originally advertised. Can't see a reason to pay for this.

Added a very hard difficulty, new zone level calculation, reduced XP gain, zone lvl calculation now easier for modders, loot level lock of containers removed, you'll get loot respective to your char build now, an FOV slider, higher anti-aliasing options, etc

It started off as a single player but the governor ponied up $70m of tax payer money to Schilling to make a MMOG if he moved development to RI. Unfortunately, the governor's enemy in his own party went after this venture hard for political points and Schilling put his "own money into the show" so to speak and was the victim of a political vendetta.

He was right though. A project like that is just more "me too" and costs for video game development and costs are through the roof now. The governor was imagining it as a "shot in the arm" for the economy in keyensian sense but projects like this don't have a safety net. Its much more a Democrat move than growing small businesses up. The movie industry in Canada didn't happen overnight for instance.

Added a very hard difficulty, new zone level calculation, reduced XP gain, zone lvl calculation now easier for modders, loot level lock of containers removed, you'll get loot respective to your char build now, an FOV slider, higher anti-aliasing options, etc

Did many Bothan spies have to die to bring you that information? Seriously, where did you find that?

Some new videos.:)

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Review - I Reckon It's Ok

Karak reviews Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reckoning
First 22 Minutes of Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning Gameplay

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning has finally arrived, and with it some improvements to the original. First 22 minutes of gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom