The lost art of great movie intros

Interestingly I haven't heard of that movie. Only Wikipedia helped me.
Apparingly that movie (and the musical) had much more success in the U.S. than in Germany, as it appears to me.
The reason for whatever delays or low popularity is usually insisting on dubs. Horrible dubs.

Everyone (hopefully) reacts like this on my posts:
a996964690232c8e5ff48f1b79f4b96ee40c5b03r1-600-260_hq.gif

Yet limits to my madness do exist and I wouldn't touch Julie Andrews being dubbed.

Spice Melange Dune Intro

2001 A Space Odyssey Opening

Last edited:
I'm totally SHOCKED that no-one mentioned the opening scene for The Sound of Music!! :) While slightly different, I always loved the introductions to the Pink Panther movies!! :D

I love the Pink Panther:

I truly loved the Superman intro. You watch Man of Steel and then come back to the original movie(s) and you can see full well what was missing in the Snyder reboot: Hope.

My contribution: Inglourious Basterds

I truly loved the Superman intro. You watch Man of Steel and then come back to the original movie(s) and you can see full well what was missing in the Snyder reboot: Hope.

Awful, misconceived remake. They tried to give Superman the dark and gritty treatment, which was a silly idea, and turned it into a bleak, dumb, exhausting mess. Horrible.

Compare that original opening to this:

More screaming! More anguish! :p

Inglorious Bastards vid blocked in my country unfortunately.

The intro of UP by Pixar.

The intro of UP by Pixar.

I missed this one for some reason. Yes, the intro sequence to Up is a brilliant piece of cinema, IMO. I loved so many things about that film, especially the dog translations and their characters. I would definitely have given Up the Oscar that year, over The Hurt Locker.

Citizen Kane. The first five minutes will hook you, and leave you begging for more. Spartacus I would rank as a very close second. That's what I look for in an opening sequence, something that intrigues me, grabs my attention and doesn't let go.

Some of the above ones listed are really excellent as well!

Back
Top Bottom