Cyberpunk 2077 - Everything Wrong With the Demo

He use too many words, too many comments about everything, too big exhibition, to be called Mr Spock. :)

You clearly haven't been paying attention when Bones and Spock start going at it - which would be the closest analogy to what happens on the Watch ;)

Beyond that, I highly recommend finding a version of the "Spock versus Q" recordings - if you want to experience a wordier Spock.

Seriously, though - I agree I'm not exactly a Vulcan. I just find their emotional suppression relatable :)

Especially when it comes to Spock - because he's part human.

Spock? LOL. Tuvix would fit better. Or Gogeta wannabe.

Yeah, Spock wouldn't take nearly so much pleasure in half of this thread being about himself.

It's the perfect recipe for a total Charlie Foxtrot on the Watch. :p

I see. I think everybody is a little bit OCD, I know I am.

When I referred to being emotionally invested, I didn't mean it towards the constant need for closure (which, as you elucidated, shouldn't be mistaken for being always right), but the fact that you cancelled and returned with your account twice, as far as I know. That led me to believe you were so engaged emotionally (even though you claim to be able to tame your feelings, which I don't dispute) that the stress was too much and made you give up.

This is a bad thing, as I find your posts quite informative and well elaborated, some prolongued exchanges notwithstanding. If you were to leave for good, I think we would be at loss of quality here in these forums.

I do tend to note, though, that in seeking closure, quite often you end up having to give the last word about the subjects.

Nonetheless, it's quite refreshing to see that you're able to take a dive and assess yourself and your mindset as you did.

I've never said I don't have emotions or that I'm beyond their influence. It's actually BECAUSE I'm a very sensitive person that I've had to suppress my emotions to this extent - or I'd literally break down.

I'm specifically talking about bias and about the ability to remain (reasonably) objective during an exchange, because my emotions aren't a big part of it.

But I'm also compulsive in terms of seeking closure. That's not because I'm emotionally invested in the topic - but in about reaching some kind of understanding with the people that are a part of the exchange.

It's a form of OCD - which I suffer from, to a relatively mild degree.

I won't go into the deeper psychological aspects of obsession and compulsion - but think of it like this:

You leave your home - and you suddenly question whether you left the door unlocked or not.

OCD is when you start obsessing over it - and you start going back multiple times to make absolutely sure. It's irrational.

Obviously, you're not "emotionally invested" in the door lock - but you're still invested in figuring out what's true.

For me, leaving an exchange that's unresolved (which is NOT about people agreeing with me in any way, shape or form - but about closure) - is almost EXACTLY like leaving home feeling like I might have left the door unlocked.

I guess you could call it a mental investment - and a very significant one at that. It's a disorder - which is why people who don't have it don't understand it. It's probably why you think I must be emotionally invested - because that's the only way my actions make sense to you.

Of course, at the root of OCD and any form of anxiety is unresolved emotional trauma (mild or severe) - often from the distant past. But that's another matter.

Eventually, my mind is exhausted with the waste - and, most of all, it's just extremely time consuming and utterly, utterly worthless if you look at the time versus reward equation.

Most people don't seem to invest themselves as deeply in articulating the finer points of games or whatever the topic may be. They seem content to just fire off a few remarks here and there - and be done with it.

Most exchanges around here seem to be highly cyclical - based on ego-driven desires to "win" or be "right" - and it's rare that long exchanges deal with people trying to understand each other - and make room for differences. As in, actually listening to each other.

I'm guilty of that myself, for sure.

The reason I've returned isn't actually that I've missed it all that much. It's that I want to overcome this obsession - and I'm getting better at it all the time.

Call it an experiment in self-improvement :)

I've actually managed to overcome anxiety in the same way. Through what the professionals call exposure and response prevention.

So, that's the explanation.

Yes, and I'm the Dalai Lama. I just come on here to bestow the sweetness of my wisdom on the benighted souls of the unenlightened. No need to thank me - I care not for such things.

If you were to leave for good, I think we would be at loss of quality here in these forums.
@Darth Tagnan;, but if you choose to leave and then return once again, talk to me. I have an excellent idea (from my childhood, and maybe yours too) for your next Avatar pic, an Avatar which is also related to D'artagnan theme. Seriously, I mean it..

PS: I know you're not asking for opinions/advices in the Avatar's subject, I'm just giving you that one for free. For friendship's sake, you know.

I like the pub talk. I remember dart saying he really disliked that a long time ago. I'm happy to discuss more details in the future, however I find that the more into detail one goes the more subjective it becomes. In the end it's more about semantics and the words one uses than anything else.

I got around to reading a part of the article (I gave up at some point) and what I got from it is that he isn’t aroused enough by V to masturbate on, which is the fault of SJWs.

Last edited:
Yeah, that guy's a pansy. Don't let anything stand in the way of you masturbating.

I got around to reading a part of the article (I gave up at some point) and what I got from it is that he isn’t aroused enough by V to maturbate on, which is the fault of SJWs.

Well, he should be happy to have V.

Back in the day all we had were the bra and underwear ads in the Sunday paper or *gasp* just our imagination. :biggrin:

I find it's men who have a largely theoretical relationship with women that tend to insist upon these airbrushed, pneumatic, bedroom-poster females.

I find it's men who have a largely theoretical relationship with women that tend to insist upon these airbrushed, pneumatic, bedroom-poster females.

That's my impression as well.

Alternative hypothesis: They have you on their ignore list.

:biggrin: :p
Probably do and doesn't surprise me. ;)

As my opinions on most games are unpopular.:evil:

Back
Top Bottom