Fallout 76 - Players Offered Compensation

Nothing? Not even country roads?

Never been, but its supposed to be very scenic, in terms of nature anyway...here is what John Denver had to say about it in his famous song.

Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Life is old there, older than the trees
Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo

Compensatory atoms are well and good, but where do I go to get back the time I wasted playing this thing? Oh, wait... I don't have to because I didn't buy it in the first place. Never mind, false alarm, move along, nothing to see here.

Where will they go from here, I wonder? They need to do a major re-think of their business model.

They had a perfectly good business model. 20+ million copies of skyrim sold and then they go off and make this??

They just need to make more ES and FO single player games.

I think they listened to the outcry for co-op in skyrim and fallout and just threw something together to cash in. What they failed to realize is people wanted fallout and skyrim with co-op mode not a co-op game with fallout skin.

This is really turning out to be huge disaster for Bethesda: worst ratings, reception, poor sales, cheap mictro transactions..now there is even ongoing investigation for misleading marketing.
Don't see how this was something done by their biggest dev team yet.

They had a perfectly good business model. 20+ million copies of skyrim sold and then they go off and make this??
They just got greedy and thought they could ramp up the money-making machine even more. It's obvious that very little effort went into this game, relative to their other games. (1) Didn't bother with NPCs, (2) Didn't bother with real quests - just simple fetch/kill, (3) Didn't bother with a real storyline, (4) Set in West Virginia where not much notable exists, mostly just a bunch of forest, quick and easy to create a gameworld there, (5) Development started immediately after FO4 release so they could re-use everything possible from that project. Despite all that, with the Fallout name on it they likely thought it would sell just as well as previous entries, or close, and at the same price, while having a fraction of the development budget. They would be laughing all the way to the bank. (Last part didn't work out, probably)

I'm still gob-smacked that they made a game set in West Virginia.

For you non-American forum members, there's NOTHING in West Virginia. Should have been an early clue that this game was gonna be bad.

That is not the problem. Their West Virginia is actually great - lot's of variety and interesting locales. Much more than what is in Fallout 3 or New Vegas.

The game is dragged down by technical issues, lack of NPCs resulting in bland narrative and quests, no player choices or impact, watered-down game mechanics and shallow multiplayer lacking basic features such as text chat, push to talk or group finder.

I have around 100 hours clocked in simply thanks to their excellent world building. Almost everything else is disappointing though, that I concur.

I stand to my earlier words that I want this to tank so we at least get a chance at a solid single-player TES VI.

So far, so good?

Bingo! As Todd Howard unveiling TES VI has the crowd erupt in laughs and cheers when he announces that "I heard you guys like single-player offline RPGs...and NPCs." This thing flopping is only a good thing for TES. :biggrin:

That is not the problem. Their West Virginia is actually great - lot's of variety and interesting locales. Much more than what is in Fallout 3 or New Vegas.

I'm only half joking about West Virginia. To me, Fallout needs some recognizable stuff. F3 had that "Oh wow, look what happened to the Washington Monument, etc…" factor. It doesn't need to be all that way. I'm sure WV has some beautiful scenery, but it's just forests, hills, rivers and lakes. There's no iconic landmarks in WV, so any human made stuff is just all made up, and what's the fun in that?

I literally laughed out loud when I read about the "collect beer bottles" quest in Fallout 76.

Fallout doesn't need to change much... The open world survival formula works and it's something I'm still interested in. They just desperately need a new engine, scratch the forced multiplayer and add new enemies-- and not necessarily monsters, just a compelling enemy, sort of like Cesar's Legion.

Otherwise I have no problem with West Virginia. Boston was a little boring, I thought.

Fallout doesn't need to change much...

For you maybe. I for one am bored sick of Bethesda's creative stagnancy. Just how many ways can you reassemble mindless raiders, supermutants, and ghouls zombies?

The series had so much promise at the start to explore the crumbling machinations of society. Instead it's become an excuse to shoot things; I can do that in pretty much any other game with far superior combat mechanics. I don't see the allure of walking into dozens of copy/pasted buildings w/ randomized loot and nothing of substance backing up the setting.

Perhaps if they ever got rid of Emil Pagliarulo I could start to take their games seriously. But, as it stands, their games just have way too much mediocrity that can't be offset even by the best of world building.

Hmm find I agree with both Drithius & ChaosTheory. Though I do believe they need a new engine, less focus on settlement building, and more focus on the narrative side.

They can start by looking at Obsidian's Fallout:NV.

Current plans:

A huge thanks to all of you who have been playing Fallout 76 and embarking on this journey with us.
Millions of you are playing the game, and playing it a lot. We love hearing your stories, sharing your photos, and fighting alongside you in the quest to rebuild Appalachia.
As we continue to read your feedback and watch your streams, we understand there are also a number of frustrating issues. We want you to know that we’re committed to rolling out fixes and features on a regular basis, and implementing changes based on your feedback. We also continue to work on an incredible list of updates for the game, including new quests and events, new Vaults opening, a faction-based PvP system, and much more. We’re confident, with your support, we can make Fallout 76 an incredible experience for years to come.
Going forward, we’ll also be posting “Inside the Vault” articles like this one on a regular basis to keep you updated about what we’re working on.
Upcoming Patches
We’re eager to get improvements for Fallout 76 into your hands as soon as we can. Even though we’re sharing some patch dates with you today, please keep in mind that timing may shift based on a variety of reasons, like server stability or other needs. If anything changes, we’ll be sure to let folks know here on the official website and our social media channels as we get closer to each release.
Let’s take a look at what’s coming up over the next few weeks:
December 4, 2018 Next week’s update will bring an increase to the Stash limit, as well as a variety of performance and stability improvements, balance changes, and multiple bug fixes to the game. We’ll have full patch notes available later this week ahead of Tuesday’s update. Some notable issues being addressed in this update include:

Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we’re happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
Respawning When Overencumbered: We’ve resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
Stuck in Power Armor: We’ve addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We’re also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.

December 11, 2018 The next update after December 4 is currently planned for the following week. Like previous patches, it will include a variety of bug fixes, but we’re also planning to bring some more notable changes and features to the game. You can catch a preview of these improvements below, and a full list of changes will be included in the December 11 patch notes.

PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also "Bulldoze" to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!

We know the size of our previous patch on November 19 was very large, and downloading it was a frustrating experience for many of you—especially those who primarily play Fallout 76 on consoles. We hear you, and we’re working to reduce our patch sizes going forward so that you can get back into game as soon as possible on patch days.
Thank you once again for continuing to share your thoughts about the game with us on the official forums, on social media, and other community channels. Keep it coming! Your feedback is a huge help as we continue to improve and iterate on Fallout 76.
We’ll see you in the Wasteland

Yep damage control can't even admit what a disaster of a launch this game was. No patching, fixing, or anything they can do will fix the public perception of this game.

Yeah, that statement is hilarious. The game's a complete disaster, universally panned by critics, and the closest they can come to reality is "we understand there are also a number of frustrating issues". :lol: Also, the items mentioned for future patches are laughably minor stuff in the grand scheme of why this game blows.

Back
Top Bottom