Thoughts on Pantheon Rise of the Fallen

hishadow

Level N+1
Greetings! Anyone been following this game?

I searched the forum and found a lot of posts from 2014. Was the game rebooted later on?

I've been playing it on and off for over a year now, it's shaping up really well but I just might be totally done with online games for now. In the end it just might have been a little too late for me and most of the people I would liked to have played it with.

I've been following it, it's the only MMO I'm interested in, mostly because it's supposed to be like Everquest, where grouping was pretty much mandatory (something I like).

Carnifex, did you do pledge for access? I'd be interested in playing beta but I thought 150 USD were too much. Beside that there's the 50 USD option for release version but then I might as well just wait a year or two.

I pledged to the Kickstarter and have been following Pantheon since. I have liked the updates and streams but it seems like it has been in pre-alpha and alpha forever. They need to try and get it into beta by the end of this year or people are losing faith it will ever get released.

This is the only MMO i have been excited about. If I didn't have my reservations about Brad McQuaid and the rumors surrounding Vanguard I would have given money after the Kickstarter failed. I will wait and see if the game makes it to beta then I will pledge. Everquest is one of the greatest games of all time.

There is not a game that has me more excited then Pantheon but I have been disappointed too many times in the MMO genre.

I did a pledge at a pretty high level, being a huge fan of Everquest one and quite enjoying online gaming at the time I pledged. I also know a few people in low places involved with the project, so I got involved probably easier than I should have. It's a gorgeous game, but if my old gaming buds don't come back for it, I know I shan't be there long.

Looks like we might have two solid months of playing Pantheon this summer. I'm hoping that's sign that things are moving along well for the game! At the very least, the true alpha stage shouldn't be too far away.

Looks good for what it is, but it's not my kind of MMO.

For me, the genre has evolved in certain ways that I probably can't live without.

But I'll check it out, regardless, as I do with most MMOs.

I also really liked Vanguard - but never played it much for the reason stated above.

I've put maybe four hundred hours into Pantheon, but yeah, I'm not entirely certain that I'll play when it is actually released. I will say, that if you enjoyed the Everquest games, and Vanguard, this might be something you'd also be keen on. There's a lot to be said for designers and programmers that actually listen to the people playing the game, and this team does more of that than any other online product that I've ever played to date.

I've put maybe four hundred hours into Pantheon, but yeah, I'm not entirely certain that I'll play when it is actually released. I will say, that if you enjoyed the Everquest games, and Vanguard, this might be something you'd also be keen on. There's a lot to be said for designers and programmers that actually listen to the people playing the game, and this team does more of that than any other online product that I've ever played to date.

400 hours? Wow, that's a lot.

I thought it was still in a pretty early state?

I played some Project Gorgon maybe eighteen months ago or so. I've not gotten back to it since they got the game ported over to Steam, I keep meaning to but I'm easily distracted =xxx.

I played a bit of Pantheon over the past two weeks, still enjoying the basic game and it is shaping up into something special. I'm still not certain that I'll actually play when it releases, that will depend on whether or not some old (or new) friends make a similar commitment.

I played a bit of Pantheon over the past two weeks, still enjoying the basic game and it is shaping up into something special. I'm still not certain that I'll actually play when it releases, that will depend on whether or not some old (or new) friends make a similar commitment.

How would you compare it to Vanguard?

Perhaps it lacks the depth of Vanguard, but that's to be expected nowadays, the online games are just pure rubbish for the most part, from what I currently see. The awesome days of the Everquest, Ultima Online, City of Heroes and Vanguard games are behind us, sadly. Far behind.

Pantheon does do the classic archetypes rather well, and the visuals/fluidity of the game environment is pretty spectacular. I would gladly devote some time to fully exploring the game upon release, heck, I bought quite the starting package, but if I don't see old mates ( or new) showing interest, I'll likely not play it. I'm well weaned off online game right now and it would take something truly special to immerse myself once again.

Perhaps it lacks the depth of Vanguard, but that's to be expected nowadays, the online games are just pure rubbish for the most part, from what I currently see. The awesome days of the Everquest, Ultima Online, City of Heroes and Vanguard games are behind us, sadly. Far behind.

Pantheon does do the classic archetypes rather well, and the visuals/fluidity of the game environment is pretty spectacular. I would gladly devote some time to fully exploring the game upon release, heck, I bought quite the starting package, but if I don't see old mates ( or new) showing interest, I'll likely not play it. I'm well weaned off online game right now and it would take something truly special to immerse myself once again.

Hmm, that's not exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I actually expected it to exceed Vanguard in terms of depth.

Oh well.....

If you're looking for straight exploration and composition of classes, it easily exceeds Vanguard and many other games of similar ilk. It doesn't have the same diversity with crafting and other options, such as the diplomacy game within a game that Vanguard had. At least I've seen nothing like that as of yet.

If you're looking for straight exploration and composition of classes, it easily exceeds Vanguard and many other games of similar ilk. It doesn't have the same diversity with crafting and other options, such as the diplomacy game within a game that Vanguard had. At least I've seen nothing like that as of yet.

Well, diplomacy was sort of a gimmick as far as I'm concerned, but I really liked the crafting system.

But I'm sort of over the whole MMO genre, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

I was just curious. I have a soft spot in my heart for Vanguard and that type of ultra-traditional MMO - even if I know I'll never actually play them seriously.

Back
Top Bottom